• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Ok, I just have to make an addendum to my latest posts whining about losing discs, etc. I think I explained I was on a bad streak of losing discs. Today, I returned to a course where I lost my purple Pro Leopard (brand new) in some rough 35 feetish away from the green 11 days ago. I had already played the course one more time since I lost the Leopard - searching again on the hole I lost it that time but to no avail. This time out I was at the hole I lost it. I threw my tee-shot. I walked down to the rough generally where I had lost my disc - mainly to mope, which is what I did as I stood there looking up to the sky in resignation. As I looked up to the sky, there was a tree above my head with a purple disc stuck in the branches. Looked at my feet and there was a decent size rock. With the second try, I tossed the rock above my head and knocked the disc out - voila! - my lost Pro Leopard (amazingly still there unnoticed for 11 days by assuredly a bunch of throwers as they played the hole!)
I am sure this has happened a bunch of times to you guys and I am also sure there have been similar stories in this very thread. Finding my disc today was ridiculous and awesome at the same time.

A couple of years ago I lost my Pro Valkyrie skipping into the river at high tide, took a look into the river too murky to see anything. The spot was where a pine tree was growing in the river, and several roots exposed. I thought it was possible the disc may of been tangled in the roots. I checked the time for low tide, very early next morning. I was the first one to tee off, and sure enough found the disc tangled in the roots and was easily able to walk on the sand bar to get it. Lost it a few months later, in the same river at Munden Point DGC Virginia Beach my home course. It was the first time I had bought a disc in a pro shop, and first at any store, I had ordered disc online my first four months of playing. I bought it at New Quarter DGC Pro Shop in Williamsburg, VA the first time playing there. I had thrown it about 18 months, I have never seen another one in any of the disc shops in my local area. It was an awesome wind disc, can't say the same for the DX or Star Valkyrie.

Hey there, fellow disc golfers of the world! 🌎🥏

I've got a bit of a head-scratcher for you, and I could use some input on this unique situation. 🤔 So, picture this: I hit up Quarry Park and unfortunately lost two of my beloved discs. 😔 The frustration led me to order replacements online, hoping to get back into the game ASAP.

But here's where it gets interesting: right as I hit that "place order" button, I receive a message from none other than the course owner. 📩 Lo and behold, they've found my lost discs! 🎉 Talk about timing, right?

Now, I'm caught in a bit of a conundrum. Should I return the new discs I've ordered, now that my original ones have magically resurfaced? 🔄 It's a choice between sticking with the newly bought ones or going back to my trusty originals.

Hey there, fellow disc golfers of the world! 🌎🥏

I've got a bit of a head-scratcher for you, and I could use some input on this unique situation. 🤔 So, picture this: I hit up Quarry Park and unfortunately lost two of my beloved discs. 😔 The frustration led me to order replacements online, hoping to get back into the game ASAP.

But here's where it gets interesting: right as I hit that "place order" button, I receive a message from none other than the course owner. 📩 Lo and behold, they've found my lost discs! 🎉 Talk about timing, right?

Now, I'm caught in a bit of a conundrum. Should I return the new discs I've ordered, now that my original ones have magically resurfaced? 🔄 It's a choice between sticking with the newly bought ones or going back to my trusty originals.
That's a no-brainer, keep the new ones and get some more backups. You'll definitely lose more discs. Manufacturers and retailers count on it.

I manage to go three months without losing a disc. Last month lost disc 6 and 7 for the year an Orbital on #9 Munden Point a river hole expecting a turnover flip, it faded into the river. Only had the disc for a week. A week later same hole turning a Star Mamba I've had for about a year a little further down river it also faded.

On Tuesday disc #8 this year Munden Point #11 a green Plasma Wave that I was throwing as a provisional after watching a white Neutron Wave barely make into 6-8 feet high saw grass into a marsh. The Plasma took the same route but further into the marsh, I was expecting wind help fading back into the fairway, Found the white neutron easily played it, the green plasma peaked into the saw grass a home for snakes, no way was I walking in there, easy to find in the winter though. A year ago, lost a Star Leopard in the same area, left it alone as well.

Last edited:
Keep the new ones (seconding the motion). Especially if these are models that particularly suit your game. When you lose one copy, you already have a backup. Even though it will take time to beat back in.

Playing Cale's EarthDay event this year, we had so much snow and early season rain all the water on the Airborn property was super high. I lost 6 discs before and during the event(a Proto Kong, 1st Run Zeus, 4 Claw Zone, 4 Claw Force, 5Xs Zone and an ordinary Crank)... I got none of them back... The Zeus and Kong were lost near the Preserve's 18th tee box(hole 17's basket of the Timberwolf course) 4clawZone lost in pond between 18's basket and fairway. 5Xs Zone lost just left of 10's basket of the RedFox course. 4ClawForce lost on 13 of the Timberwolf course(hole 14 on BlackBear) and the Crank in the pond on hole 1 of BlackBear... It was an expensive event, and I played like crap...

Lost a first run Discraft Sol on hole 12 at Karohl Park in Beavercreek/Dayton, OH, today.

It is a 400'+ wooded hole. First two throws were flying nice but hit trees. Get to the lie for my third shot and I'm directly behind the tree it hit, but I've got a path down the far left of the fairway around more trees then a right finish to the basket, maybe about 100'. I'm a righty with no forehand at all so I grab my Sol. Sometimes it fades left at the end but usually just goes right the entire time, and I'm not gonna throw this high so it won't have time to fade anyway. Take the shot and it is actually good, not heading directly for a tree. Give it a "Get in!" as it is looking pretty good but I'm a bit short and it slices down across the front of the basket. Blocked by the trees from seeing exactly where it lands but it was almost on the ground the last I saw it so it's definitely close to the basket.

Walk up there and...nothing. No disc to be seen. Long and to the right of the basket there is a big log pile, which is right about where the disc was headed. No problem, certainly wasn't high enough to get over the logs so it's under one or something.

A long while later I still have not found it. I've checked all around and under all the logs. I start expanding my search ever farther. I didn't hear it hit anything but maybe it did and kicked up and rolled somewhere? Maybe it did somehow get over the logs? Maybe it was shorter than I thought? Longer? It wasn't moving very fast, there simply wasn't enough energy to get very far from where I thought it would be.

I ended up searching a 100'+ wide area from where I released the disc to 50'+ past the basket, even though it had nowhere near the power to get that far. I was looking 10' forward and 20' to the left of the release point, even though it is completely impossible for the disc to be there. A few people played through and helped look for a bit.

That disc simply winked out of existence when it hit the ground. It is the only explanation. There is just nowhere it can be. There are leaves on the ground but they are fairly sparse and nowhere near thick enough to completely hide a disc, and I still checked all the ground anyway. There are trees that could catch a disc by they are all tall with the lowest branches 30'+ higher than the disc ever got. There are other log piles, clumps of vegetation that could hide a disc, trunks it could be behind. All checked. The disc doesn't exist.

But it does. And I was probably within 10' of it most of the time. And someone will find it. Why can't that someone be me?

There is a lost and found box at the course and what looks to be a pretty organized local group. I'm not from the area, only passing through, so I've messaged them in the hopes they can contact me if the disc is turned in, as while it has my phone number on it I've been having issues and that number may not work again. So just have to hope that it gets turned in and the group contacts me and we can work out the return of the disc.

Threw an Electron Matrix over/through the trees on the side of my practice field (bit of anny + headwind + yankage I guess?) and had a RocX3 roll into the flooded ditch on course due to me practicing and a downpour happening. Too thick and can't get in to where the Matrix went, heck it could have rolled all the way down to the expressway. The RocX3 will probably reappear somewhere when the water goes down.

Lost my light beige glow Beast while doing field work in a county park with central woods bordering the open fields. Wind took it into the woods, and where it landed I have no idea. After a total of probably 2 hours of looking over 2 days and even wading into a small creek.

Ironically, this particular Beast replaced the previously-lost Beast (no glow, dark blue). Lost that one at Giles Run Meadows for one or so years. The dark blue Beast was found by somebody and returned to me via NoVa DGA. I'm hoping similar will happen for the light beige glow Beast. Would likely be a non-disc-golfer (hiker, runner, groundskeeper, landscaper) who finds it and turns it into the park's lost and found.

I lost a dyed Beast in the lake on hole 7 at Lake Park DGC in Lewisville Texas. I threw my normal throw off the tee and the wind carried it way out in the lake. It was gone, never to be found. It almost made it to the fishing dock. I put my last name on all my discs (Moy). Two years later playing the same course on hole 5 I threw a disc into the very top of a tree, 50 to 60 feet up. My group and I are throwing golf balls, rocks, and a baseball at it. Three groups passed and everyone tried a couple of throws with no luck. A guy walks up and asked what we are doing? I point up to the disc. He sees my name on the disc and asked if I put that on all my discs. I replied yes. He said I found a disc of yours, I will go get it from my car. He came back with my Beast and explained he is a scuba diver and he was out looking for discs in the lake and he got lost and turned around in the darkness. He said he went way out in the lake and found my disc on accident. I got lucky. Thank you scuba diver. Robby Moy

Last week I lost my first disc in two months. Disc #9 for the year, and once again on #8 Munden Point playing long basket with the river behind the basket. I was having to play under branches directly in front of me, x-step my Plasma Servo that's been with me since a year ago June for about a 150-foot shot that was supposed to stay low and come to a quick stop C1 in thick grass. Headwind 15-20 mph, it's my 500th round on the course seen this throw a handful of times before, no problem. Threw the disc, and heard snap off my fingers, and knew it was in trouble, after passing underneath the branches witnessed a beautiful flight that rose up passes left of the basket, and at least 50-feet into the river. No way getting it back but remembered the week before seeing a Plasma Servo at PIAS, and it was still there, quick replacement.

Back in August, I was throwing multiples and left a '22 Sexton Firebird in a fairway. Realized I left it, went back, and it was gone.

I get a call early October. It went something like this...

"Hey, I found your Sexton Firebird at Plumb Creek. I'm guessing you want it back."
"I do. Thank you so much. How can I get it from you?"
"Well, we can meet up and play a round or I can drop it off at Pluto." (a local disc golf/board sport shop that is a fantastic asset to the community)
"Pluto is fine. Thank you again for reaching out."
"Well, I don't go to Pluto that much."
"That's fine."
"I might not go for the next six months or a year."
"Oh. Well yeah. I'd like to meet up. What works for you? When will you play next?"
"Oh. I hardly ever play."
"Uhhhh. Hmmm...."
"Well, I live near Victor Ashe. So just let me know when you go there, and I don't mind driving out to meet you."
"How about now?"
"No, that won't work. I have to drive my daughter to work."
"How about on Sunday?"
"No, that won't work either."
"Well, I can text you whenever I'm about to go to Victor and we can figure this is out. Thanks again for reaching out. "
"This is a landline, so I won't get any texts."

At this point, I kinda figure this guy is going thru the motions so he can say he tried and keep the disc. I don't reach out any more. Get a text this weekend from Pluto that someone dropped it off. Went and picked it up. Looks like it might have spent some time under water, so I'm not sure if I was unfair to the guy or if he lost it and someone else got it back to me. Either way, stoked to have it back and grateful to whoever got it to me..

Finished up 2023 last week losing disc #10 for the year a dark red Neutron Wave at Bennetts Creek #1 long tee open passing thru a gap into a poke and hope wooded fairway. Saw the tree kick but went out of sight into a heavy and wide layer of leafs, no clue where it could be. Spent 20 minutes looking for it. After spending an extra 40 minutes playing shorts in the first round looking for discs finding all of them. Decided that was enough leaf kicking and went to PIAS where they had three Neutron Waves to choose from, I picked the bright pink 166g.

I lost 13 discs in 2022, so it's getting better.

Last week I lost my first disc in two months. Disc #9 for the year, and once again on #8 Munden …
I don't know if you know that the lost disc that inspired this thread 13 years ago was also lost at Munden Point. That course is pretty DGCR infamous. I'd probably play it with my "found disc bag" rather than my regular one. 😆

I don't know if you know that the lost disc that inspired this thread 13 years ago was also lost at Munden Point. That course is pretty DGCR infamous. I'd probably play it with my "found disc bag" rather than my regular one. 😆
Yes, I saw that first post by jkdisc, noticed he has not been on DGCR in almost two years.

While I'm here, well I lost my first disc of the year at ..........Munden Point 8th hole crosswind blowing 30-40 mph a Plasma Servo flipping over into the river. This Servo was the replacement for the Plasma Servo lost back in October on a windy day. About 30 discs lost on number 8 in four plus years.

I played with a guy, I had played with before, and he lost two disc on the hole, one on approach like myself, and one on a 20-foot putt that flipped into the river. Then aces the 10th hole with the wind howling.

Got a really cool River in my player's pack for my very first b-tier. I inked it and put it in the bag. As I tried to get a feel for it I used it for second shots. On one of these second shots it went into the water on hole 7 at Fritz in Irving, TX. This was November last year. I gave it up as lost until... I got a text from someone who found it! I confirmed the hole and course I lost it on and they said "nope, found it at a course on a naval weapon's station in South Carolina". I guess someone found it, took it home, played a few rounds with it and lost it. He got it back to me within the week, and it immediately found a spot in the back. It bombs.

Got a really cool River in my player's pack for my very first b-tier. I inked it and put it in the bag. As I tried to get a feel for it I used it for second shots. On one of these second shots it went into the water on hole 7 at Fritz in Irving, TX. This was November last year. I gave it up as lost until... I got a text from someone who found it! I confirmed the hole and course I lost it on and they said "nope, found it at a course on a naval weapon's station in South Carolina". I guess someone found it, took it home, played a few rounds with it and lost it. He got it back to me within the week, and it immediately found a spot in the back. It bombs.
Couple years ago I found a disc on my home course Munden point in Virginia Beach just barely in the river. I text the owner told him found at Munden point ask him where he lived and where could we meet up at. he text back where's Munden point. I said Virginia Beach he says I've never been there but I lost that disc 3 years ago in Knoxville where I live. so he told me to keep it .

Well since I'm here. I lost my 2nd disc of the year late January Munden point number eight again in the river. a Star Mamba. the hole is just graveyard for me.

This one hurts, last week 3rd disc of the year, my new Eagle Envy first time out at Munden point being careful not to risk it. lost it on hole number 12, have never lost a disc there before. there's a wall of pine trees to swat down any disc in that direction, river on the other side, but somehow it made it through the pine trees. that disc must have been a Houdini. there's no way with 500 rounds on that course to get thru those trees. I've had several Putters and whatever disc get swatted down by those trees.

Funny... A few years ago I got a text from someone saying they found my ace disc. Hesentme a picture-it was my 1st ever ace Buzzz. I lost it in like 2012at North Valley in Minnesota. He found it somewhere in Kentucky... He too sent it back to me... Disc golfers are the best...