• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Lost my 2010 Ace Race Hornet this weekend to the ravine on the 15th at DeLaveaga. Flipped a bit on me and just didn't make it back far enough. Searched for half an hour or so by myself, no luck. It was my first round with it, don't remember if I marked it or not. A worthy sacrifice for 27 beautiful holes, I suppose.

So, I was playing at Harry Myers yesterday and tossed my orange/white/purple tie-dyed Champion Wraith into the woods on hole 3. After half an hour of searching, I found it!!! 4 holes later (hole 7 to the right on the hill)) I set my bag down to walk to the pad and notice that my name/number aren't in the Wraith. Oh well, I'll write it in there after this drive. Guess who doesn't find their disc after 45 minutes of searching!?! If anyone finds it, PLEASE PM or contact me here!!!

Lost one the other day in the brush and looked for 20 minutes. Looking for chartruese in brush sucks. Went back yesterday before work in the early morning light and found it in under 5.

Found a yellow 150g DX Beast on hole #2 of Mineral Springs. Too much/too fast for me to throw, so I left it there for someone else to find.

Lost a few playing Ryan ranch this week on vacation.

A nice glo champ eagle on 3. It was a beautiful drive that went a little long behind the basket.

An ESP cyclone on 19. Looked like it was in the trees just right of the basket, but we couldn't find it.

A DX cobra on 13. Also looked to be in the trees just right of the basket.

The eagle is the one I'd like to get back if possible.

Had a pretty good round yeasterday at Harry Myers and spent another 15 minutes looking for my Champion Wraith to no avail. :( A couple of holes later (on 9) I found a well-loved Z-Buzzz with no name :) but my buddy lost a white JLS with his name so here's to hoping someone honest finds it and returns it!

Lost my favorite Day Glow Green Champion Viking at Tendick Nature Park in Saukville Wisconsin a year or two ago. I think I might've left it at the tee, but too far back for my memory :( I was pretty sad.

Lost my 2x Ace Teebird about 3 or 4 months ago and had it returned a few days ago! He found it exactly where I had lost it... which is odd because I have played that hole 40+ times and looked in that area at least once a week to see if I could spot it. weird..

lost my go-to Dynamic Disc champ destroyer yeasterday. no bueno:(.

Lost my DX Starfire on hole #5 at Tom Brown Park here in Tallahassee. It has my number on it so maybe I will get it back. I have lost two discs so far and they were both Starfires.

Today I threw a good looking shot in Rockford Il and lost my white Star Wratih with a WWF dye. Looked for an hour with my buds to no avail. Hopefully somebody calls the number. Was my favorite disc, haha.

Found a Champion Firebird in the tall grass with no name or # on it. That's 2 brand new disc with no info on it in about a week.

I posted flyers at the courses I found them but so far no responses...

my uncle lost a purple orc on hole 8 at little lehigh. i believe its in the trees before the basket. im not sure if his info is on it but if you find it please pm me. Also on hole 12 at little lehigh my cousin lost his lightning d-1. I believe his info is on the disc. If you happen to find either disc please contact me. thanks

The Lost and Found Box has been installed at Giles Run Meadow Lorton, VA
We tried to figure out a way to post this on the course page and I was apprehensive about asking Tim to add another function to the site. G Bud came up with the idea of posting updates on the -Members/Social/NOVA disc golf link. Figured I would keep that updated with an initial post here to notify players of our current FOUND inventory.

FOUND at Giles Run Meadow
New Items in Bold as of 5/21/2011

Davis - Blue DX Eagle 149g May 20 2011
Frost - Yellow Champion Firebird 175g May 2 2011
Lee - Gold Stratus May 20 2011
Mike - White Yellowish Star Aviar 171g Big Bead May 21 2011
Sean - White DX Aviar May 20 2011
Steffen - Yellow DX Raven May 20 2011

Gregg Affaway - Yellow Champion Beast 162g May 20 2011
Scott Armstrong - Yellow Champion Teebird May 20 2011
Bill Blanton - Yellow DX Panther 150g May 20 2011
Brady Cunningham - Yellow Star Stingray 180g May 20 2011
John Davis - White Aviar 175g 2009 ROL May 20 2011
Norm Delle - Green Cyclone May 20 2011
DJ Halse - Yellow DX Shark 180g May 20 2011
J Kr??t - White DX Spider 172g May 20 2011
Dan L. - Blue Champion Groove 175g May 20 2011
Brad Leiby - Pink Star Destroyer 175g Bottom May 2 2011
Brad Leiby - Yellow Star Road Runner 171g May 2 2011
Cori Phillips - Purple DX Leopard 150g May 2 2011
Frank Scott - White DX Eagle Bar stamp May 20 2011
Ryan Shovlain - Grey Star Max 175g May 20 2011
Ron Smith - Pink Star Destroyer 175g Bluemont May 14 2011
John Starn - Orange DX Aviar 171g May 20 2011
Matt Todd - White Star SL Numerous aces listed on back May 14 2011
Kim Wallace - White R-Pro Boss 164g May 14 2011
Brian Woiter - Reddish Pink DX Eagle May 20 2011
Ted Zebrowski - Red DX Beast 175g May 14 2011

Pair of blue Nike air running shoes. - May 20 2011
Pink- "Little Balerina" baseball cap (very small) - May 2 2011

Of all the discs I have bought lately my Dyed Championship Sidewinder has been flirting with being lost the most. It's from being clear blue with purple stripes, not very bright colors and hard to see. I have had a hard time finding this disk many times. Which is sad because I was getting really good at throwing it.

Well I finally lost it.

So I was playing the University Of Richmond course yesterday and after throwing a bad drive in to a huge briar patch it took me about 30 minutes to find it.

Later in the round I teed of of hole 12....

f7fe904d.jpg

Easy tunnel shot through some light trees & stuff on the left. There is a large clear field at the end of the trees.

I make my drive shot through and watch the disc tail off to the left in to the clearing behind the last 2 trees and skip a little.

I immediately pick up mu bag and walk on the other side of the trees on the left. It's an open field with short grass. I walk to the open area approach to the basket....

2fb9e1f2.jpg

...and no disc.

I must have walked every square foot of that open area looking for the disc for about 45 minutes. I even had 2 kids riding on their bikes stop and help me look for a couple of bucks and still no disc.

I still have no earthly idea what happened. I know I didn't throw it hard enough to make the water. I watched the disc fly past the trees skip off the ground and stop.

It's like I threw that Sidewinder in to the Bermuda Triangle...

Well if anyone sees it it's got my name and e-mail on it....

Thanks

today was a close call. threw a tee shot that skipped of the edge of a tree. went into a fast moving river. luckily i saw it... right in the middle. i go in and get it. a few feet away is a beat up dx wraith with no name or number. i guess some good came out of the situation

Of all the discs I have bought lately my Dyed Championship Sidewinder has been flirting with being lost the most. It's from being clear blue with purple stripes, not very bright colors and hard to see. I have had a hard time finding this disk many times. Which is sad because I was getting really good at throwing it.

Well I finally lost it.

...etc

Forget humans, I swear today was the Disc Rapture.

I had the same thing happen to a 168g Glow DX Valk that I had beat in perfectly. Hole 8 @ Pinecrest in Howard, tossed it from the blue tee, easily cleared the 50' of rough off the tee, but I nosed it up just enough for the wind to grab it and it send it towards the trees boardering on the left side. I saw it bounce off a tree and fall flat. It should have landed in the foot of water pooled around the trees or right next to it, but yeah, totally gone. :wall:

Latest posts