• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lots of quick grab slots (like upper park)

seedlings

* Ace Member *
I'm in my 2nd season with a Trooper bag that is doing just OK, that I've reinforced and modified. I think I'm starting a hunt for a new bag with lots of quick access slots, like the out of stock Upper Park Rebel (or shift). Are there any similar bags on the market?

It is possible that all I really need is a better designed bag where discs are easy to get in and out the main compartment, instead of feeling pinched between the putters up top and the zipper. But, I'll keep an eye out for quick-access bags. Also grabbing discs from either end of the main compartment is cumbersome.

Ideally, 10 quick access plus 8~10 more in a main compartment would be killer.

If you can limit yourself to 12 or fewer discs, the Latitude 64 Easy Go is the ultimate design for slots. I have a buddy who's carried one for a few years and swears by it. The only downside is that it's really minimalist.

https://www.latitude64.se/products/bags/easy-go-bag/

I have always been attracted to the "quick grab" designs. I own an original Fossa Skinny and a UPD Rebel. Both bags have been improved in their updates for 2021.

See also this reveiw of the Skinny 2 (and check out his other bag reviews - he does a very thorough job):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkR1UIjX77w&t=22s

I think I'm starting a hunt for a new bag with lots of quick access slots, like the out of stock Upper Park Rebel (or shift). Are there any similar bags on the market?

Maybe, but IMO none of them do it as well as the Shift. That's kind of the gold standard for 'quick access' disc slots. I'd say unless you're really in dire need of a new bag, try to get a Shift.

Can't recommend the Skinny 2 enough. Great bag.

I really like mine. The velcro for the phone inclosure for mine is really weak and doesn't close. I need to find a way to change that.. but it is a minor problem.

Maybe, but IMO none of them do it as well as the Shift. That's kind of the gold standard for 'quick access' disc slots. I'd say unless you're really in dire need of a new bag, try to get a Shift.

Too late! Maybe on the next upgrade Upper Park will get the nod and have something in stock.

This Fossa Skinny 2 is incredible - especially in comparison to the DD Trooper I had been using and modifying. Cannot wait to play a round! I bet my form will be significantly better with this bag! :cool:

9 quick grab discs and 14 in the main compartment. Supherb.

I was able to throw in a few discs that I rotate in and out. And now I have an extra bag for the next person to learn.

attachment.php

Attachments

• EF56C076-50C6-4062-9099-C6753D4A279F.jpg
    EF56C076-50C6-4062-9099-C6753D4A279F.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 285
How's that bag working out and holding up for you @seedlings?

Btw, awesome countertop!

Ha, thx! Bag is now a loaner bag because I built a cart. The bag itself performed remarkably well. I am a 'carry on the off shoulder' guy, so the padding on the left strap is thinner than the right side. Had I worn both shoulders, and not jammed 26 discs and 32oz water all the time, probably wold be unnoticeable.

Latest posts