• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

mids and putters

you could see OAT (over axis torque), if they wobble/flutter then you have it and need to fix it

If you are throwing stable mids and putters you should also be getting a straight flight, ie not turning over. You can have OAT with little to no wobble. A Comet is great for showing form flaws because it can't handle much OAT. If you have a fairly fresh Comet and it turns-and-burns you have OAT, unless you have a cannon for an arm.

Mids & putters show form flaws with their slow speed and more neutral flight; so if you are throwing overstable mids and putters, itll defeat the purpose.
Wobble and the more drastic turn and burn are red flags but its not just what theyll show thats wrong, theyll make self learning much easier. To throw a putter far you will have to learn height, hyzer, & nose angle.

Okay then, all seem to need a little hyzer put on them to flatten out and fly flat. Kite, dart and aviar goes out about 200', roc, shark and cobra about 250'. My leapord, archangel and roadrunner also need a little hyzer to fly straight unless I want them to turn right. So how do I know what I'm doing wrong and what disc would you throw and how(flat, hyzer, anny)? There does not seem to be too much wobble off the hand.

Last edited:
What is far for a putter, I use a wedge for putts, also have a dart and aviar but prefer the way the wedge feels in my hand.

It is not difficult to get a putter even up to 300', but again, you need the right amount of height, and nose and hyzer angle depending on the putter.

I wouldn't remove practice with drivers from your routine entirely, though. As said above, putters and mids fly best with more height--drivers fly better nose-down and lower. I got used to throwing mids and putters for distance and then had to completely re-learn driving with drivers for that very reason.

I wouldn't remove practice with drivers from your routine entirely, though. As said above, putters and mids fly best with more height--drivers fly better nose-down and lower. I got used to throwing mids and putters for distance and then had to completely re-learn driving with drivers for that very reason.
That exactly why I recommend throwing mids, putters and fairway drivers from the start. Mids and putters are good at showing OAT and at learning correct timing, but fly well with the nose up. Fairway drivers mask OAT a bit, but also require nose down to fly well and are still relatively easy to use to learn timing.

Latest posts