• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Moab and Zion road trip. Where to play??

brianb

A buddy and I are heading to Moab to explore Canyonlands and Arches National Parks for a few days. Then we'll head to the Grand Canyon for a day before spending a few days exploring Zion and hopefully Bryce Canyon, too. We'll be taking I-15 down to Provo from Montana then making a big loop clockwise around Utah.

We're leaving Montana Wednesday, Feb 20th so we realize that many of the mountain courses might not be playable, yet. We have 9 days to make the trip so we should have plenty of time to play some golf along with exploring these Parks. What are the must play courses on the way through Southern and Eastern Idaho and Utah? Courses with onsite camping are a bonus. I've searched on here and have a few ideas, but always good to hear from those who have been there. Any advice on can't miss hikes in these areas is also appreciated. TIA!!

A buddy and I are heading to Moab to explore Canyonlands and Arches National Parks for a few days. Then we'll head to the Grand Canyon for a day before spending a few days exploring Zion and hopefully Bryce Canyon, too. We'll be taking I-15 down to Provo from Montana then making a big loop clockwise around Utah.

We're leaving Montana Wednesday, Feb 20th so we realize that many of the mountain courses might not be playable, yet. We have 9 days to make the trip so we should have plenty of time to play some golf along with exploring these Parks. What are the must play courses on the way through Southern and Eastern Idaho and Utah? Courses with onsite camping are a bonus. I've searched on here and have a few ideas, but always good to hear from those who have been there. Any advice on can't miss hikes in these areas is also appreciated. TIA!!

I have played nearly every course in Southern Utah. I have also visited the Mighty 5 National Parks plus Grand Staircase/Escalante and the North and South Rim of the Grand Canyon. All the courses should be playable right now except for Brian Head Ski Resort. You are welcome to send me a Private Message if you have any questions about any Southern Utah courses or the National Parks.

If you are going to Zion, the two 18 hole courses at Three Peaks in Cedar City, Utah are great fun. There is a full service campground on site.

Pine View DGC in Washington, is the best course in the Zion/St. Geoge area.

On your way to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon (is that open in winter?) you can catch the new 18 hole course in Kanab. The drive on the Mt Carmel Highway leaving Zion Canyon is breathtaking and like nothing else on Earth. Not sure about camping at Kanab.

I love the Geography of the Capitol Reef and the Rim Rock DGC near Torrey has some great views. They have a small Inn on site. There are many campgrounds in this area.

Goblin Valley State Park has campgrounds and disc golf side by side. I really enjoyed the Little Wild Horse Canyon slot canyon hike in Goblin Valley SP. It is an entry level slot canyon hike that doesn't require any ropes or rappelling, but the geography of the San Rafael Swell is amazing up close and personal.

There are fantastic campgrounds at Green River State Park which is only only an hour drive from Moab (and half the cost). Green River is lush with green grass and trees and they have disc golf on the bolf course with carts.

Photo of Green River State Park DGC with the campgrounds visible to the right.

6b88870a.jpg

Photo from 16 Tee at Goblin Valley DGC showing the campground in the background.

13c80004.jpg

Here are some photos from the Little Wild Horse Canyon Hike

Attachments

• Little Wild Horse Canyon Utah 168.jpg
    Little Wild Horse Canyon Utah 168.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Little Wild Horse Canyon Utah  245a.jpg
    Little Wild Horse Canyon Utah 245a.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts