• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most embarrassing disc golf injury.....

Chafed nipples.

But not this bad
bloody-nipples.jpg

Lol.......I ran a marathon about 4 years back and nobody told me that you have to put that bodyglide stuff on when you run that far. His looks much worse though, I was wearing a dark blue shirt so you can't see the blood, but that was the worst part about running that god for saken thing!

Ha, I think I met you at a tourney. You were caddying for your wife. We were talking about courses we've played and you told this story when Trinity came up. I think the tourney was last summer at Eagle Ridge.

Are you by chance from Arizona originally?

I played a round in a wet bathing suit one time. It almost wore the head right off my pee pee. I had to drive home nekkid from the waist down.

I didn't get "hurt" per say, other than my pride. This past summer at AmWorlds in Rochester (my hometown) I was at the Discraft test station throwing drivers. Went to try out a OS Nuke, went into my x-step annnd didn't make it outta it. My feet hooked eachother and I slammed down in front of about 20 people. To this day my friends tell me to be careful when it's my turn to tee-off. I blame it on the damn fly pads being so grippy.

Nothing compared to most of the stories in here, but I just recently smacked my hand on the 4x4 post tee sign on my follow through. I threw an anhyzer into a nasty headwind, and right after I split my hand open, I watched my Wizard dive right into the nearby murky pond. I walked over to the pond, saw my Wizard ten to fifteen feet from the bank, and then walked right into the pond knee deep to grab it in about 25 degree weather. A bloody mess, I finished the hole and then hole 18, just missing my personal course record. It was a solo 18 holes for me that brisk morning, and I could have sworn I heard a nearby squirrel laughing his nuts off at me.

hand.jpg
[/IMG]

Love the posts guys.........you're making me feel better....keep em comin

i got a busted lip trying to play catch at night with a glo roc

So about a month ago I was on a tee pad and popped the joint in the top of my left foot. It was a very painful injury but it wasn't when I was throwing but when I was walking back to grab my bag when it happened.

The good news is it wasn't broken but like a weird sprain.

Move forward to last Wednesday I'm playing at Loris DG in Loris S.C. and walking to the next tee. The ground is spongy from thick pine needles and "POP" the same spot on my right foot this time. It's not as bad as the last time.

But what it did was keep me from playing Luther Britt on the way home. The one course I really wanted to play.

ohhh mannnnn!

just remembered these:

a guy in my club gets his disc stuck in a tree. he starts drinking tallboy bud lights at 8am each week, which is important b/c alcohol slows the reflexes down. so he takes another disc to knock his stuck disc out of the tree, and WHAM!! it ricocheted right back into his mouth and knocked his tooth out. we give him hell all the time.

another friend of mine we call Major Dutch cuz he looks like Arnold in Predator, big ass dude. if he was asian he would look like Bolo. so the guy has no fear, for example if he loses a disc in the briars he will run in there wearing shorts like a bull in a china shop. come out covered in blood and cuts like it's nothing. one time he goes rambling off into the woods after a disc and stops to take a pee pee. he said he must have touched poison ivy cuz his junk was covered with it for like a week after that!

^^ thats right up there with the most embarrassing that I've read.......(the whole poison ivy thing)

Man some of these are rough...
I havnt had any embarrassing ones persay, but just last week i was wearing my vibram's and slipped on a throw and landed on a rock, didnt feel great... :doh:

slipped and fell on a teepad today.........didn't puncture any lungs this time

First time on concrete tee pads was at pier park. Hole 2 the tee pad has about a 3" drop at the front and I over stepped on my drive and hit the dirt. Almost twisted my ankle, hurt my pride more than anything. It was still a good drive too. Lol

My Pitbull was charging at me while I was on a tee pad at Shady Oaks in Sacramento. This is nothing out of the ordinary for her and me as I usually square up with my arms wide open and she cuts to either side just in time and its a get me game. I dont know why I had to cut to one side but I did and she took the legs from under me and I landed flat on the tee on my forearms with a disc in hand. After that people kept their distance from her...It was my fault.:doh: My dog felt bad for me after that.:\

i was at a tournament, and one of the holes was about 400 feet and i was throwin a flick shot, it had to be hyzer all the way so i had to bomb it. i ran up to the tee and threw/ fell straight on my ass and sat on my balls haha. it was a morning round so there was some dew on the tee pad thats why i fell i guess, but the shot ended up fine and i got a 2 on it so it was almost worth it. took me a while to walk it off

i was at a tournament, and one of the holes was about 400 feet and i was throwin a flick shot, it had to be hyzer all the way so i had to bomb it. i ran up to the tee and threw/ fell straight on my ass and sat on my balls haha. it was a morning round so there was some dew on the tee pad thats why i fell i guess, but the shot ended up fine and i got a 2 on it so it was almost worth it. took me a while to walk it off

ouch!