• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most Underrated Disc Ever!

The Cyclone I used to see in lots of players bags in the 2000's due to no longer playing Scott Stokely using the mold to set the Backhand disc distance record for a bit until that Swedish guy eventually beat him with a Valkyrie in 2003. Now the mold is Underrated and this is due in part to awkward rim, the fact the X version got stopped in production, and Pro D is not great for anything not a putter or slow speed mid/putter like mid.

I'm gonna have to call the Axiom Insanity underrated. The disc itself isn't much to look at. It's a somewhat flippy 9 speed driver.

IDK what it is about the Insanity, but I throw this thing great. It has the perfect amount of turn and late fade to produce brilliant S curves without getting flippy.

The Insanity is like a better version of the Valkyrie.

The Insanity is one of the few discs I can power down on and still get good results. It won't hyzer off early.

The Insanity forced its way into my bag accidentally. I found one and was going to throw it and leave it on the course. Nope. It's still in the bag months later. From my first throw, the thing was perfect.

Im curious. How many Insanities have you thrown?

I've never come across a flat one. Banshee3's would be my go to.
Honestly, flat Champ Banshees were hands down my favorite OS utility control driver and it's not even close. It has probably the best rim profile for FH rollers in existence.
One other disc by Axiom I'd list as underrated is the Excite. For me it's like a better Katana. Really fast, great glide, and some nice turn. Easy to throw and super long.

Yeah the Insanity and Excite are both great. I've had 3-4 Insanities now and they're all within the ballpark of each other flight wise, a really consistent turnover driver. I need to get another Excite to see if mine is a fluke but I couldn't say it better than "easy to throw and super long."

I think I'd put my vote on the Orion LF.

Really good mold at a key workhorse slot in the bag and I rarely ever meet anyone else who throws one.

Latest posts