• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

For Elmex:

giphy.gif

Better be veggie beers.

The Volt is one of those discs in that sweet spot between fairways and distance drivers(Valks and thunderbirds also) that just bomb when you lay into them but you can back off the power a bit and still carve nice lines with.

Very true. Volt has been my go-to driver for years. It's such a nice disc.

Recently got an Eclipse Volt -----Holy Heck ---- why did I wait?!?!?! I don't care about the 'glow factor' especially because it doesn't really glow that well to begin with - But WOW does it fly well. More Stable/Overstable than any other Volt I've used but SOOOOO good and trusty. I am planning on picking up a few more - Ecl VOLT is by far my favorite control driver as of late. --- then I use Neutron for more turn

Why the hell didn't you all tell me these were so good for forehand? I nearly got my first FH ace with a Plasma this week, and the Volt's now my go-to FH disc for distance.

Gonna have to pick up an Eclipse for slight headwinds.

Why the hell didn't you all tell me these were so good for forehand? I nearly got my first FH ace with a Plasma this week, and the Volt's now my go-to FH disc for distance.

Gonna have to pick up an Eclipse for slight headwinds.

any disc you can bh you can fh.........

Thankfully I was able to find 2 more Eclipse volts just like my good one - but be careful as there are some (I assume early runs) that are stupid flippy. I checked out some of the new volts (with updated stamp) and they appear to be Stable - not hooked under and flippy but not nose up and flat. Anyone use the new volts and how do they fly? I'm still baggin' an Eclipse for more stable and a worked neutron for flips. Such a good combo.

Thankfully I was able to find 2 more Eclipse volts just like my good one - but be careful as there are some (I assume early runs) that are stupid flippy. I checked out some of the new volts (with updated stamp) and they appear to be Stable - not hooked under and flippy but not nose up and flat. Anyone use the new volts and how do they fly? I'm still baggin' an Eclipse for more stable and a worked neutron for flips. Such a good combo.

New volts are outstanding. They're a little closer to the FR volt, in my opinion, but nowhere near flippy. Still plenty stable. I can see them beating into a thing of real beauty, but then again, I'm a big fan of FR and flippier volts

New volts are outstanding. They're a little closer to the FR volt, in my opinion, but nowhere near flippy. Still plenty stable. I can see them beating into a thing of real beauty, but then again, I'm a big fan of FR and flippier volts

oh....bummer. that's ok I guess. but I really like the more OS volts that handle wind and power. I'll just have to continue comparing PLH at a store when I need a volt, but I stocked up on a few so itll be awhile til I need another. :hfive:

^ Dude, gimme. Some are sparkle some have the FX look - I was lucky to get 3 FX volts and they are staaaaable :) Best control driver Ever - damn you MVP - I love it

wtf is fx look

Some Proton discs (mostly seen on Eclipse) have a more opaque core that has pearly swirls in it, its a little more firm and grippy than regular proton - I have a couple Volts and an Amp that looks like this. I've just heard from others they call it FX plastic, but I guess its just a blend of Proton - pearly more opaque, grippy. They are out there, from my experience they are on the more Stable-Overstable side of things.