• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My bag for the summer

Aric

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: Lifetime of catch frisbee, about 2 years of disc golf
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, some FH
Golf Distance for putter/mid/driver: I'm kinda guessing here but I think I can go about 170-200ft with my putters, 230-260 with my mids, and 280-320 with my fairways.

Optional:
Sex: M
Other sport proficiencies?: Baseball, Hockey, Soccer
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: When I first started I bought a bunch of different discs and tried them out with varying success/frustration, some were 11-13 speeds (that I now know I don't have much business throwing yet). After spending some time on these forums I realized I should stick to a few molds and get multiples in different plastics and weights. I like that have trimmed down my bag quite a bit and am focusing on increasing my control and consistency; rather than powering drives around the course.
Specific areas of desired feedback: I have been thinking about getting another mid, or two; possibly a champ roc3 that will be more stable than my KC or DX rocs and another buzzz but in a different plastic that I can put more power on without flipping over so easy(suggestions? I have been looking at the Ti and Z-Lines).
Immediate and long-term goals: Once again, to increase my consistency and control; a nice byproduct of doing so will help my distance increase, too. But more specifically, the ability to hyzer-flip my shorter discs to shape nice tight shots.

Bag:

Drivers (model/plastic/weight/(condition)/use):
Firebird / Champ 12x Jolly Launcher / 175g / (9/10) / still very over stable, still beating it in
Firebird / Champ metal flake / 175g / (9/10) / same as the first, but feels slightly less stable
Firebird / Dx / 170g / (5/10) / got this about a year ago and loved it, beat it in pretty hard and hadn't played with it much until very recently, little flippy and is still slightly stable
Beast / Champ / 171g / (7/10) / tailwind shot for when I need more than I would get from my leopard

Fairways:
Teebird / Star / 175g / (6/10) / been using these teebirds as my primary drivers for a few weeks now, and am getting more and more distance out of them
Teebird / GStar / 175g / (8/10) / see above^
Leopard / Champ metal flake / 168g / (8/10) / tailwind or downhill/tunnel shot, nice light fade at the end

Mids:
Roc / KC Pro / 180g / (8/10) / still pretty stable as long as I don't put too much on it and flip it over, which I still tend to do
Roc / Dx / 177g / (5/10) / beat the stable out of it, nice and straight right now
Mako3 / champ glow / (8/10) / been using more recently, holds lines well and has a lot of glide
Buzzz / D-line / 169g / (5/10) / super beat and flippy, cannot throw too hard or it will dive bomb, getting it to hold anny lines through the flight with no fade, been practicing with it more and more recently

Putters:
Aviar / KC Pro / 171g / (8/10) / have used many aviars, trying out these two(KC/MC) for the first time to see which I like, (I was using a Dx glow for a while because it was the stiffest DX aviar I could find around me before I got my hands on these, so far I'm liking the KC pro more)
Aviar / Mc Pro / 175g / (8/10) / see above^
Rhyno / R-Pro / 175g / (7/10) / use this for back hand approaches, hill sides, and windy days
Pig / R-Pro / 175g / (8/10) / got this recently and love it, the plastic is so sticky it loves the chains, use this for some sidearm approaches and windy day putting

Any feedback/suggestions are welcome. Of the two years I've played disc golf, the last few months I have been getting much more serious about it and would love some good info from more experienced players to help me get to the next level. Anyways, I hope this hasn't had too much rambling, it's getting tired and I'm getting late.

Last edited:
looking good dude... maybe a fresh kc pro roc or champ roc for your beefy mid.. i always like having a gator/drone/zone type disc for super beefy mid/utility type shots.. if you wanted to trim down you could prob pick between the Pig and Rhyno and i may add in a champ teebird to compliment your seasoned star and gstar.. i havent thrown a gstar so not sure where they land on the stability range but its always nice to have a fresh beefy teebz in the bag .. but yeah keep chucking those teebirds and leopards.. only good things can come !

I like the simplicity. I'm testing a Roc3 now after winter and I'm only a few throws in with it, but I do like it. Very straight, with fade, where my KC Roc is now beat in to turn ever so slightly and then straighten out. I don't bag a truly OS mid - there's just not enough gap for me between Rhyno and Teebird/Firebird and I'm okay powering down. Kind of agree with Ian on the Pig/Rhyno observation, but if they have distinct roles it's not like you're carrying 30 discs or anything. Looking good.

Maybe a star gator. Depends on how stable you want the mid to be. A roc3 will be a little more stable than your KC but a gator would be a big difference. I would think your DX roc will take the place of your mako soon.

Latest posts