• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My first dye-Go Colts!

zud00

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Thanks to vettekrazy for the wonderful tips. This is my first dye and I am pleased with the results. It is a used Pro Leopard. I had to use navy blue rit dye since they didn't have any royal blue so I only left it in the water for about 15 seconds.

Attachments

• DSC01310 [800x600].JPG
    DSC01310 [800x600].JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 70
Well I thought I'd try dyeing again so I took my old ugly Starfire and came up with this quick dye. The star I drew on with a red sharpie. I know it's not that great, but it looks cooler than it did.

Attachments

• DSC01314 [800x600].JPG
    DSC01314 [800x600].JPG
    60 KB · Views: 36
I like the Colts disc - I keep meaning to try this (dyeing - not being a Colts fan :) ) - but I never seem to get to it...

Doing the single color was super easy. I plan on doing more simple design dyes with just single colors. It's fun to personlize your discs.

Oh, and being a Colts fan is definitely easier than being a Packers fan!:D

I used liquid rit dye. I bought it at Target and it was in with the laundry detergents.

Grea job! Love the Colts dye. Gwillim here on this site dyed my Giants discs. I have the one in the avatar and an old school logo....he does great work. Your Colts one looks amazing especially for a first time!

Thanks guys. I am already thinking of what to do next to some of my other discs.

Great Job on the Colts Disc

I also like the second disc. I am almost as addicted to dyeing the discs as I am throwing them. There are very few discs in my bag that are not customized.

Almost forgot...

Go Bears!
DaBearsDisc-MilleniumOrion-1-1.jpg

vettekrazy-what are the steps to doing a 2 color dye like in the bears disc. I really like that disc and wouldn't mind making one similar since I also like the bears.

Basically you cut out 2 images one of each color. Just take your time in laying out the contact paper on the second color - I did start out with a white disc.

This was one of my first dye jobs, you can tell some of my lines are pretty wide, I did not use transfer tape on it - I think that makes all the difference when it comes to applying the image to the disc.