• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My version of the Grip Eq bag

I wish there was a Cabela's near me. I also saw http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-XPGreg-Deluxe-Angler-Pack/732282.uts and was really curious about it. It even looks like it has an external putter-pocket (if they fit in there) with bigger bottle pockets. Granted, it's $100, so you're getting into good-DG bag territory money-wise (though still better than good dual-packs). Although no fishing pole/umbrella holder that I can see. Easy to front strap an umbrella to the loops on the front pocket though. Hmmm... Anyone seen this in person and assessed its feasiblity?

Throwfromthewoods I think you should look at page 4 of this thread. I posted pics and comments on this exact bag

Oops, I did see that, but I didn't realize you were posting on the deluxe bag. At my work, any attached pictures just come up as red Xs. I'll have to check it out when I get home.

Just added a $10 competition divider to mine. Works great, holds 4 putters 6 mids and 9 drivers atm. I just leave the top flap open and pull them out, although this does eliminate a putter pocket, Im still diggin it. :thmbup:

I just picked up a few of these to try out. Couldn't resist while they're on sale for 50, and essentially free shipping if you buy 2! Will be fun to compare to my new fade tourny bag and see which I prefer!

This thing works great! I was carrying 8 midranges and 8 drivers + 1 in the putter pocket easily, and the 1L arrowhead bottles I normally use fit fine in the drink compartment. I wear aviators mostly so they don't fit in the glasses case, but it fits my iphone easily and safely. The top section is pretty big, I tossed 10 discs in there as a stack and it closed up easy, could put a small 8 accordion sleeve in the top if you wanted. There is a pocket area between the drink holder and the bag that will work as a scorecard holder (or mini I guess) and I plan on making a mini holder for the clip on the front with some of the pieces that came with the bag that I wont need!
I'm going to build a frame to support the bottom so the discs stand upright more easily without it being completely full, just the standard pvc frame thats been discussed around here before, seems to be plenty of room with it with the 16 discs but I'll report back when I'm done. I might also put a real handle on the top so I don't have to grab the straps when moving it short distances, gonna need to put on a patch to cover up the XPG logo anyway so might as well bust out the sewing kit!
Glad I picked a few of these up, thanks for the tip!

I got my bag a couple days ago and I have to say that I am glad I got this before I was able to buy the grip eq bag.

attachment.php

I have 18 discs (11 drivers, 5 mids, 2 putters) in the bottom and two putters in the top with room to spare. I also have an umbrella on the side or I could put my small camp time stool. For not being a disc golf designed bag, this bag fits everything nicely without really having to make any special modifications to it. The only real downside is that there is only one drink holder. This is not a real big deal though because there is enough room in the bag to put another water bottle somewhere else. A few things I might do to modify the bag are put safety pins to stop the zippers like in the OP, build an internal frame for the discs and maybe put some kind of divider in the top compartment to separate my stuff in the top. The bag feels great on my shoulders (my old bag pulled on my shoulders a lot and caused my shoulders to hurt near the end of the round). I will test it tomorrow to see how I feel after a round or two of using it.

Overall this bag seems like an excellent replacement for the grip bag. I can't wait to go out tomorrow and see how well it works in the field.

Attachments

• IMG_0377.jpg
    IMG_0377.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 1,142
Last edited:
Bought one of these online last night. Hope it doesn't disappoint. Still good thoughts from everyone who has one?!

Someon earlier in the thread posted it might be a bit narrow for a wide shoulder person..that definately would be me....any big framed folks who bought this can back that up for me?

Safety pins are a must! After putting those on the bag it works so well that I almost don't need to do any further modding to it.
I still plan on making a pvc frame for the bottom, but how does it work with the sleeves in the bottom like you have in the picture LtDan?
One suggestion to anyone who does have the bag, the zippered flap that splits the top and bottom area has space in a few of the corners that doesn't seal the sections apart completely. So I wouldnt recommend putting small objects like keys or pencils in there or they might fall out the bottom during a round, but things like baseballs, wallets, gatorades etc work fine!

but how does it work with the sleeves in the bottom like you have in the picture LtDan?

I actually don't have any sleeves in mine. You probably saw the rim of my axis and thought it was a sleeve :)

I actually went ahead and built a frame for my bag because I did not like when the discs would fall over and it seemed to cause the bag to lose some stability. The frame works great and was very cheap and easy to make. I played a round with it today and it felt perfect on my back and my shoulders. One final thing I might do though is cut a piece of stiff cardboard or something to put on top of the frame. This way the stuff in the top compartment does not sag down on top of the discs.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0430.jpg
    IMG_0430.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 1,071
  • IMG_0431.jpg
    IMG_0431.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 1,050
Can't find any 3 way slip corners for the PVC frame, have to use the ones with threads for one corner I guess. Maybe I'll use the threaded ugly part for the sides.

Bought one of these online last night. Hope it doesn't disappoint. Still good thoughts from everyone who has one?!

Its a great bag. I ordered mine a few days after the OP, and I love it. Definitely the most comfortable bag I have carried. None of the shoulder strain/pull that I got from my GB kong and silverback. Probably have carried it for at least 60 rounds now and not a single complaint, I LOVE IT!! :thmbup::hfive:

Damn, I'd love to see one of these up close.. Anyone have a Revo backpack they can do a side by side with?

I can do a side by side picture session when I play with some guys who have a grip this weekend or sometime next week. Having already done a quick comparison between the two I can say they are fairly comparable but you need to make a frame for this one, there is only one drink holder and it's not easily accessible while the bag is on your back (camelback bladder in top section would fix this tho and the drink holder is insulated fwiw), and it doesn't look as clean and sleek. Hoping to get a patch or two at my first tourny this weekend, then I can show off mine in style! Haha

Latest posts