• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ new bag designs: AX4, BX2, CS2

Regarding the durability of Grip bags. I haven't seen what the new bags look like, or what material they're made of, but...

I have a Grip A Series bag that I bought new in Dec 2013. In the nearly 6 yrs I've had it, it's seen about 180 new courses, and somewhere north of 1000 rounds. I don't baby it, and keep it overstuffed it with discs and gear: 20-21 in the main compartment + 3 in the putter pocket (2 putters + "go to" driver).

Never had a material or workmanship related issue. The bag shows obvious signs of long term wear, but...
• All zippers still work.
• Straps are in good shape
• None of the stitching is coming undone.
• No holes anywhere in the material, despite there always being a 40oz steel Thermo Flask in one of the drink holders.

I've heard good things about Grip's warrantee and customer service, but what I like best about them is that I haven't needed them. My only real complaint is that I wish the side pockets were a bit roomier, but they've addressed that in newer models.

Can't say I'm in the market for a new bag at this point either. Bought it for $176 as they were blowing out their 2nd generation of bags and launching the 3rd gen. Unless some sort of exceptional deal comes along, I'll probably keep this bag for at least a few more years. It'd be cool to see if it makes it to 10 years of service. Nothing I see or feel makes me think it won't.

Last edited:
Thanks all, good point on the type of disc. Love the bag so far and side panels seem to be breaking in a bit with use. Cheers.
C14/15 owner here, I normally roll with 13 in the main but after a year or so it loosened up a bit and now I can get 14 in easily. Usually (4) Mids, (4) Fairway Drivers, (5) Distance Drivers. I think DoWork brings up a good point, would like to know what is being put in there to only get 10 inside.

The plastic pieces can be removed as needed and you can bend them if they are pinching too tight. After a few years mine is the opposite, sometimes gets too loose (especially if wet/rain) so I have taken them out and bent them to a tighter angle to get that pinch back.

So how are you guys liking the water bottle storage on the CS2? Seeing that they switched to stretch pockets makes me want a BX2, but I'm more of a casual player and that jump up is probably pretty pointless for me.

I have a Pinch V2 right now and have quite a few gripes about it, but it is a $50 bag. There are no other high quality bags in this size so that's why I'm thinking CS2.

So how are you guys liking the water bottle storage on the CS2? Seeing that they switched to stretch pockets makes me want a BX2, but I'm more of a casual player and that jump up is probably pretty pointless for me.

I have a Pinch V2 right now and have quite a few gripes about it, but it is a $50 bag. There are no other high quality bags in this size so that's why I'm thinking CS2.

In the market for a back and the Pinch and CS2 were the bags recommended to me. What don't you like about the Pinch?

In the market for a back and the Pinch and CS2 were the bags recommended to me. What don't you like about the Pinch?

Mostly the lack of any solid structure. It doesn't stand up very well. It stretches out pretty easily too. For some that might be great, but I don't want to have to buy more discs for them to stay upright properly. Also since there is no internal support structure the discs push on the pockets. Not a problem for a towel but it makes putting any drinks back into the pocket a pain.

Also this is purely personal, but I would like the top pocket much more than the flap thing.

Mostly the lack of any solid structure. It doesn't stand up very well. It stretches out pretty easily too. For some that might be great, but I don't want to have to buy more discs for them to stay upright properly. Also since there is no internal support structure the discs push on the pockets. Not a problem for a towel but it makes putting any drinks back into the pocket a pain.

Also this is purely personal, but I would like the top pocket much more than the flap thing.

I watched a couple reviews online and all your points were exactly what they were reiterating. I'm looking at either getting a octothorpe or ax4 now.

I was looking at those. Idk if I like the way that logo looks. Might be worth getting and trying to unstitch it somehow.

I mean.....the bag itself is crazy quality built. I didnt care what logo was on it but i understand diff strokes for diff folks. Just thought i would throw it out there since you are exploring your options.

I have had grip bags and they are great...but im all about value. Good luck on the new bag search

I mean.....the bag itself is crazy quality built. I didnt care what logo was on it but i understand diff strokes for diff folks. Just thought i would throw it out there since you are exploring your options.

I have had grip bags and they are great...but im all about value. Good luck on the new bag search

I completely understand. Might have to take a second look at those again.

Any taller people here using the BX2?

Wondering how it sits on stretched out people like me, I'm 6' 5" and contemplating upgrading to one of these in the next 6 months or so.

Any taller people here using the BX2?

Wondering how it sits on stretched out people like me, I'm 6' 5" and contemplating upgrading to one of these in the next 6 months or so.

6'9" with a new BX2 here. I've used it for only about five rounds now so the long term experience will surely differ a bit. I havn't had any problems with the bag yet, build quality is great and it is a lot more comfortable and ergonomic than my old Latitude Luxury E3.

I especially like that they "carved" out some of the structure that sits on your lower back so you don't have this hard plastic edge poking into you. (I believe Doth Savek also pointed this out in his review on the AX4) I do think that they could have made the gap a bit wider and/or more ergonomical because for me there are now two small pressure points (left and right) instead. But still an improvement to before.

Grip CS2 available at the Grip website for $134, discounted from $179 with the code GRIPFALLFLASH. Code didn't take at checkout, but an email took care of it quickly.

Was considering Innova Adventure or similar for $40 at various sites, but for the $45 break on the CS2 I'll make the jump.

Grip CS2 available at the Grip website for $134, discounted from $179 with the code GRIPFALLFLASH. Code didn't take at checkout, but an email took care of it quickly.

Was considering Innova Adventure or similar for $40 at various sites, but for the $45 break on the CS2 I'll make the jump.

I just bought a CS2. I haven't gotten a chance to play with it but first impression is it'll be a great bag.

Grip CS2 available at the Grip website for [DELETED] $179 with [DELETEDDELETED]. Code didn't take at checkout, but an email [DELETED]
it quickly.

Nevermind! Code was already expired!

There's another pretty hefty Black Friday discount on the Grip webpage again.

Code on the front page that you need to enter at the checkout.

Ended up getting a CS2 during that discount. Really like the bag and glad I picked that up over the BX series.

Odd to see one of the top GRIP-EQ players with her Grip bag in a ZUCA cart. . .will we ever see a Grip cart?
Paige used to be sponsored by ZUCA and used their cart... now she is with GRIP-EQ but still use the "old sponsors" Cart. . . i think that looks kind of wierd for Grip

Odd to see one of the top GRIP-EQ players with her Grip bag in a ZUCA cart. . .will we ever see a Grip cart?
Paige used to be sponsored by ZUCA and used their cart... now she is with GRIP-EQ but still use the "old sponsors" Cart. . . i think that looks kind of wierd for Grip

She thanked Grip publicly for allowing her to use the cart because of the heat/terrain and not being permitted to use a caddy for DDO. I doubt it will be a recurring them, but I do think Grip should come out with a basic backpack cart that would allow pros like Paige to have the option without compromising her sponsorship.