• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Disc Sports Bags & Straps

On the Nucleus and Beaker you can fit at least 1 disc in the side pockets. It's a little tight, but they will go in there. I'm heading out of the house right now so I didn't try multiple discs

I got my order in and I can say that the Cell is almost identical to the Cadet. The Cell has an almost identical little flap in the bottom that is supposed to make the bottom rigid, but it doesn't, just like the Cadet. It falls over just like my kid's Cadet does. The Cell also is using a lighter weight material than the Nucleus and Beaker. Feels almost the same as the Cadet. If I was to hand the 2 bags to a noob or non-player, they would say that the 2 bags are identical.

Ugh. That is not good.

I think the Beaker is going to be the winner from this bag class at least from the specs.

I'm considering nabbing one but I'll likely wait until some more reviews come in on that.

Backpacks really aren't the end all be all people make them out to be. It was smart of MVP not to bother to try and crack an over saturated market. I even wonder if the some of the hard core backpack players might migrate back to the old style (I know I'm strongly considering it myself)

I would think the market for traditional bags is just as over saturated, if not more so.

I personally go with whatever feels lightest these days.

They need better/more pictures or a video of these bags. The black on black makes it so you can't see ****!

The Beaker needs more than four color option seeing it looks like the most solid choice of the three.

If the DD Sniper/GB Spider Monkey violated someone's Nutsac, you'd get the Beaker.

Entire bag of 130 ions?

If fission putters get the green light, we won't see soft proxies until 2017 :gross:
Well I don't want that to happen. I'll wait patiently for...

Fission Putters...

As

Long

As

Soft Proxies are first :popcorn:

Been waiting on some soft Proxies as well. To go along with the Soft Ion and Envy.

Feel bad I derailed the bag thread a bit.

I am very much looking forward to the Beaker. Seems to be a great alternative to the crunch with a few more options at a similar price point. Goin out on a limb and ordering the crazy green. Bright and happy. Pretty sure it's gonna be sweet!

I got my order in and I can say that the Cell is almost identical to the Cadet. The Cell has an almost identical little flap in the bottom that is supposed to make the bottom rigid, but it doesn't, just like the Cadet. It falls over just like my kid's Cadet does. The Cell also is using a lighter weight material than the Nucleus and Beaker. Feels almost the same as the Cadet. If I was to hand the 2 bags to a noob or non-player, they would say that the 2 bags are identical.

Now, for the Nucleus and the Beaker, I really like them. They feel fairly tough, have big knobs for feet, good storage, and good design. The only thing that I'm not a fan of is the zippers. They are pretty light weight and have small teeth. They open and close very easily, but I'm not sure how durable they will be.

I would post pics and the unboxing vid that I made (including a side by side with the Cadet), but I'm not allowed to until next Wednesday.
Have you posted the pics/videos yet? Would like to get a better look at the Nucleus.

Looks like Discgolfcenter, Marshall Street, and Disc Nation passed on these bags. Unless they are going to post them at a later date? ????

Gotta Go Gotta Throw has them, and at a good price. If I hadn't just purchased the Gecko, I'd have snagged a Beaker for sure. It looks the winner of the three.

I just got my Nucleus today and all I can say is "WOW!" The amount of storage in this thing is ridiculous! This may sound weird but the 2 big selling points for me were the 4 point shoulder strap instead of the standard 2 point and then the flap actually velcros to the back of the bag to hold it open! I only have one picture right now but hopefully I can have more and maybe a video up in the next couple of days.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 86
Beaker is great. Surprisingly comfortable with 12 discs and 40 Oz of water and miscellaneous jargon using only the single strap. Haven't carried a single strap in over a year. Total goldilocks bag for me. Lightweight and simple with good storage for a small bag. And it also has big balls :),

For anyone that has a Beaker, a side by side comparison with pics to the Fade Crunch would be awesome and totally appreciated.

Here you go

Attachments

• DSC_0346.jpg
    DSC_0346.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC_0343.jpg
    DSC_0343.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 86
Here you go

Thanks. :thmbup:

So (correct me if I'm wrong) dimension wise, it's about the same width (looks like similar disc capacity) and a bit shorter (the side storage isn't as "monsterous" as the crunch)??

The bag certainly has got my interest. I wonder if or how long till they come out with a backpack. A team up with UPD would be awesome IMO.