• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Disc Sports Bags & Straps

Well this is a huge let down from what I was expecting from them.

A couple years ago and this would have been a great little blurb from them, but just not what I think disc golf trends are going towards.

I have 6 Older style bags and just can't justify wearing them after having a backpack style now.

My Carolina, Mojo, Elite Shield, Competetion, Deluxe, and Standard bags just hold discs now because my Ergo2 surpasses all of them in wearing for rounds even if I think the Mojo was designed the best.

I have a grip c 14 and I do really like the bag. However it is much easier and less strain on my body when I carry my fade crunch with quads. I just don't care for the layout and saggy-ness of the crunch. The Beaker looks to be a better alternative at the same price point. I will find out soon enough.

I would bet the crunch is the highest selling bag at that price. Not everyone needs to carry 25 discs and a bunch of stuff. I understand the Nucleus might not be a big seller but MVP always seem to start with the basics and move forward from there.

It's only a matter of time until we see a backpack from them.

this style of bag is much more popular with the casual player really. All of my friends who I started playing disc golf with had similar ones from innova or whoever. Still see just as many today out on the courses.

I've had a glimpse of how many Grips left master inventory on a daily basis vs the Crunch, Fade Tourney, and Innova's line of Competition/Deluxe/Tour (whatever it's called now) ... backpacks have not taken over the world yet. But 100% of backpack users are on DG social media. The Crunch does sell insane numbers. I love the Crunch, it's my main bag now. Getting a Nucleus for the role held by my 10-year old Innova Tour bag.

Can I assume that Axiom will have a line of bags soon to follow that come in a wider variety of colors?

Can I assume that Axiom will have a line of bags soon to follow that come in a wider variety of colors?

Yes you may.

And bigsky/Halcón, you could rock a paper grocery bag, and it would last you a lifetime. :p

Backpacks really aren't the end all be all people make them out to be. It was smart of MVP not to bother to try and crack an over saturated market. I even wonder if the some of the hard core backpack players might migrate back to the old style (I know I'm strongly considering it myself)

Backpacks really aren't the end all be all people make them out to be. It was smart of MVP not to bother to try and crack an over saturated market. I even wonder if the some of the hard core backpack players might migrate back to the old style (I know I'm strongly considering it myself)

I have both a backpack and a traditional bag. I've been finding myself grabbing the traditional bag more and more often. Then again, the trad bags a squirrel monkey, so it could just be because it's lighter.

I got my order in and I can say that the Cell is almost identical to the Cadet. The Cell has an almost identical little flap in the bottom that is supposed to make the bottom rigid, but it doesn't, just like the Cadet. It falls over just like my kid's Cadet does. The Cell also is using a lighter weight material than the Nucleus and Beaker. Feels almost the same as the Cadet. If I was to hand the 2 bags to a noob or non-player, they would say that the 2 bags are identical.

Now, for the Nucleus and the Beaker, I really like them. They feel fairly tough, have big knobs for feet, good storage, and good design. The only thing that I'm not a fan of is the zippers. They are pretty light weight and have small teeth. They open and close very easily, but I'm not sure how durable they will be.

I would post pics and the unboxing vid that I made (including a side by side with the Cadet), but I'm not allowed to until next Wednesday.

Latest posts