• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My version of the Grip Eq bag

Just from looking at durden's vs. a new grip (terminaut's) I'd guess the grip is about 20% larger. But the cabela seems less cumbersome and still holds a ton of discs and gear.

And for 50 bucks shipped...it was a no brainer.

Somebody asked me a question about the pvc frame I had built for my bag so I figured I would post a pic up here if anybody else wanted to see it. It is made from 1/2" pvc and cost about $10 all together. The dimensions are 9-3/4" tall, 13-1/2" wide, and 6-1/2" deep. This is probably about the largest the frame can be made too because it is a rather snug fit and takes a few minutes to try and zip the flap that separates the two compartments (I have to take one end off and put it in through the top to get it in the bag). It holds the discs nicely and I can actually walk around with the back flap completely open and the discs won't fall out as long as I am not to rough with it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DG pvc frame.JPG
    DG pvc frame.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,584
It appears I missed the sale and the bag is now $70. I guess I'll have to keep my eye on it until it goes back down to $50. Thankfully I can be patient. This looks like an awesome alternative to a Grip or any other large bag.

I have probably 30 to 40 rounds in with this bag and it has been perfect so far. I will be putting in the pvc piping this week! Thanks LtDan for sharing your ingenuity.

Just got this bag this weekend. Have a few rounds with it. The bag is great for sure. It does need the frame to keep things from sagging into the disc compartment. I had 20 discs in the bottom 2 putters up top, a vest, hat,gloves, 2 gatorades and still had room to spare up top. The safety pins worked really well, thanks op this bag is the s@&t!!

Last edited:
Somebody asked me a question about the pvc frame I had built for my bag so I figured I would post a pic up here if anybody else wanted to see it. It is made from 1/2" pvc and cost about $10 all together. The dimensions are 9-3/4" tall, 13-1/2" wide, and 6-1/2" deep. This is probably about the largest the frame can be made too because it is a rather snug fit and takes a few minutes to try and zip the flap that separates the two compartments (I have to take one end off and put it in through the top to get it in the bag). It holds the discs nicely and I can actually walk around with the back flap completely open and the discs won't fall out as long as I am not to rough with it.

attachment.php

Lt. Dan I put together a frame this week using your dimensions and it worked great. I did take a little height off of the vertical pipes to make zipping the inside divider flap a little easier. Once again thanks for sharing your innovation with the rest of us.

I am thinking about putting some PVC in my grip main compartment. Thats the one feature I like about my Revo DP. I always liked it in my gateway player bag from years ago.

I am thinking about putting some PVC in my grip main compartment. Thats the one feature I like about my Revo DP. I always liked it in my gateway player bag from years ago.

What would you put PVC in ur grip for

Bumpity. Any new reviews on your bags and how they are holding up? They look interesting.

I have been using mine for the better part of a year now and it is holding up fantastic. I have no fraying or really any noticable wear at all. After the PVC got put in this became a much better bag. It is still very comfortable, the umbrella straps work great, winter gear storage is no problem at all and the sunglasses holder works perfect for storing cell phone and keys. My one and only complaint is the size of the drink holder and that there is only one. To be honest I only ever need one drink on the course but I like having the option of more. :)

I was considering doing some plasti-dip on the bottom of the bag but to be honest their is no real reason for it. The material is holding up well and the PVC keeps the discs off the bottom so even if the bottom of the bag gets a little wet the discs are fine. Later tonight I will try to get some updated pictures up.

P.S. I have about 140 rounds in with this bag.

How water resistant is the bag? It looks like a great bag. For the price I might have a winner. Could you take a pic inside the upper compartment? I would like to see how much space is inside it.

The bag has done real well. I built the frame for mine also. When I was walking to the course today my buddy thought I got the grip until I git close enough. Durability is great real tough bag tins of spae for all the extras. I used an add on water bottle from Rei that I attached to the right side to have a second drink holder or extra pocket. Can't say enough great bag definitely has won the spot for long days on the course.

Thanks for the update guys. I have been thinking about getting this bag or the Mahal. Any new pics would be cool. I can't see dropping $200 on the Grip after seeing this bag.

Okay so here are my update pictures of the bag. 140 rounds in.
#1 is of the back
#2 is the bottom (sorry, I played in some mud on Sat)
#3 is with the top open

Attachments

• _DSC1461.jpg
    _DSC1461.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 429
  • _DSC1462.jpg
    _DSC1462.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 481
  • _DSC1463.jpg
    _DSC1463.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 661
#4 is all the stuff I normally carry. Sweatshirt (Go Liverpool!), gloves, venison jerky, extra drink, towels, score card clip board and birdie bag. There is still room left over for any odds and ends I need.
#5 is the bag fully loaded up, still not packed tight.
#6 is my dog trying to figure out what I am doing :)

Attachments

• _DSC1465.jpg
    _DSC1465.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 475
  • _DSC1467.jpg
    _DSC1467.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 510
  • _DSC1471.jpg
    _DSC1471.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 400
Does the flap for the bottom compartment with discs in it just hang there most the time or does it have a strap?

Best DIY bag I have seen yet. Nice work!