• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nate Doss's 3 putt

nooles

So I was trawling youtube for DG vids the other day, and remembered one event a while back where Nate Doss was putting to a basket on a mound and he misses the 25-30 footer and ends up 3 putting after 2 nearly identical roll aways. I have a feeling its during a World Championship final, but couldn't be certain.

Being the champ that he is, he nails the eventual comeback and continues on.

Anyone remember when this happened, and if there is video footage available?

2014 worlds final nine. maybe the 3rd or forth hole. I have a 50% chance of being wrong though....

I remember the video. He basically three putts from the same spot. I seem to remember there being a lot of ropes, but it wasn't a USDGC.

Nate's missed second putt during Worlds was the worst putt in the history of disc golf.

I was wrong. I was thinking about this one at the 2008 USDGC.

The hole starts at 37 seconds

I can never figure out how to properly post a video!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:

Edit: And I tried for 5 minutes before I ran out of time. ugh.

I think I counted 5 putts he should have made. I don't believe it affected his finish place though.

I can never figure out how to properly post a video!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:

Edit: And I tried for 5 minutes before I ran out of time. ugh.

Trying to post into a specific time like you did won't allow you to embed. You want everything after 'v=' and before the next '&'. Paste that between <YOUTUBE></YOUTUBE> (replacing '<' and '>' with '[' and ']')

In your example, you want what is bolded.
http://youtu.be/3zWASWP2QbU?t=5m16s

Trying to post into a specific time like you did won't allow you to embed. You want everything after 'v=' and before the next '&'. Paste that between <YOUTUBE></YOUTUBE> (replacing '<' and '>' with '[' and ']')

In your example, you want what is bolded.
http://youtu.be/3zWASWP2QbU?t=5m16s

Good stuff! I'm sure there's a "how to" thread around here somewhere, but thanks for the tip. The "Preview Post" button is also a thing of beauty... :rolleyes:

Nate's missed second putt during Worlds was the worst putt in the history of disc golf.

That's pretty bad, but the honor of worst putt in the history of disc golf goes to Barry Schultz whiffing on a drop-in at the '05 USDGC.

(Second place goes to Ben Budd (PDGA 12655) who grip-locked a 10', wide open putt 60° right, 30' into the schule on hole 12 during the final round of the 2007 Big Valley Challenge.)

Video of the final round used to be on the USDGC website, but it's no longer there so unless someone d/l'ed it, you're probably out of luck.

There's always this one, too. No roll-aways, but still a three-put. Starts at 18:15.

Latest posts