• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New 8-Bit Disc Golf design poll! Hooray for input!

Which do you think is better?

• Obey The Code

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Know The Code

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

throwfromthewoods

Double Eagle Member
So I've been tinkering up a new design for a shirt. After mocking it up, I got into a friendly discussion with a buddy of mine on the wording. The friendly discussion turned into an alcohol-fueled argument. That turned into a bar fight. And THAT turned into Thunderdome. Complete with Tina Turner years past her prime still trying to look sexy.

So in his memory, I'm creating this poll to see which wording people prefer. Right now we're talking about the second part that currently is phrased, "Obey The Code." The other option we tossed around was, "Know The Code."

So, what do you think?

Attachments

• konamimini.jpg
    konamimini.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 80
Definitey know the code. If you Obey the code, you're implying that someone else is entering the code and you have to hit an ace as a result. If you know the code, it implies that you just have to enter the code to get that ace you so desperately need.

Paired with the opening "Need an Ace?" The implication is that you need a way to get an ace. Meaning the latter option fits much better.

It won't let me vote. What gives? If I could vote, I'd vote for know the code.

I had posted this in the equipment thread originally, but it was moved. Maybe that screwed up the poll for people to vote?

I say know the code. That, and I think you got the code wrong, I think there's a select in there before the start.

True story. Select/Start was originally used only for 2-player Contra for 30 lives. There are other slight variations that have popped up throughout the years, but B/A/Start is still the original Gradius code.

I don't get it. :|

I play a LOT of contra. I play a LOT of disc golf. I just don't see how they jive.

kinda comes off as a superstition thing to me... sorta like "abide and the Ace will happen"

dunno.... I like the design tho

The Konami Code wasn't just for Contra. It's been in over a hundred games, ranging all the way into arcade systems and even modern consoles. It's not intended to be, "Disc Golf is like Contra." so much as "man, sometimes when I'm playing I wish I could use a cheat code."

The Konami Code wasn't just for Contra. It's been in over a hundred games, ranging all the way into arcade systems and even modern consoles. It's not intended to be, "Disc Golf is like Contra." so much as "man, sometimes when I'm playing I wish I could use a cheat code."

exactly! Keep up the good ideas, and "know the code" is definitely winning!!

(and for whatever reason, it says "you may not vote on this poll") :confused:

Latest posts