• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag company LBBAGS

July 15th bags will ship beginning the week of Aug. 7th.

On a side note, (just to echo all the excellent reports of customer service) Levi swapped out a belt that I had ordered a few months ago letting me chose the colors from the new belts.

Off to order a bladder!

Is the octothorpe more comfortable/lightweight than the current rebel?

Lighter- probably not.

Comfortable- that's subjective. I had a Rebel and loved it. It's built well and carries well. It's noticeably lighter than a Grip (which I also carried for a while). The Octo is likely heavier, but I'm not sure it's substanttiable. I personally think the Octo is more comfortable- the straps have denser and thicker padding, the back padding is denser and thicker, the structure rides better on my back. I prefer the Octo in pretty much every way, but I think it comes down to personal preference. I suggest snooping around at a couple local tournaments and trying them both on and seeing for yourself.

Question for you guys that have the hydrapack shape shift bladder. I can't figure out how to use this one clip that came with it. Not the magnetic one. I can get a pic up if I need to. Looks like a strap would go through it and it would clip to something. Looked for it online but having trouble. Tia

Bag

Question for you guys that have the hydrapack shape shift bladder. I can't figure out how to use this one clip that came with it. Not the magnetic one. I can get a pic up if I need to. Looks like a strap would go through it and it would clip to something. Looked for it online but having trouble. Tia

I got the hydra pack with my KJ OCTO Haul. Post a pic, I should be able to help. I think you are referring to the sliding clip to seal the top of the bladder.

In case that last pic didn't work
1xm7hfK.jpg

that apppears to the be clip on the inside pocket where the hydra pack hangs on the bag. I think it attaches to the bag and not the actual hydra pack. the pack simply has a rope like hook and youth just slide it in the opening on the hook.

GANG-STIR!
bBFguIf.jpg

hJPss1z.jpg

Could not be happier with this thing. I had carried a 1st run Mahal for 5+ years and didn't think anything could beat it. The Mahal is a wonderful bag (which I am still keeping as of now) but this thing is lighter, carries better on your back, and isn't as awkward (I think the depth and width of the Mahal gives it the awkwardness). I've always carried hydroflask but I am digging the Hydrapack bladder system too.

Mad props to Levi and Pound! And thanks to everyone on this thread.

I've read through a lot of this thread, and other reviews online of the octorhorpe. I think I really really want one over my other bag options (rebel, spinal tap 3, flak 4).

The only recurring negative on the bag I see is a tipping issue. Can any of y'all speak to this, or has it been addressed in newer iterations of the bag? I live in south Louisiana so hills aren't a big issue, but I do like to put my bag on top of my tri stool a lot during rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never had a "tipping issue". If you put your bag down thoughtlessly on a hill, it will tip. Like any other backpack. But if you get used to putting it sideways on a hill, no issue.

I have never had a "tipping issue". If you put your bag down thoughtlessly on a hill, it will tip. Like any other backpack. But if you get used to putting it sideways on a hill, no issue.

I honestly find that it tips less than other bags that I've had (Grip L and Voodoo Spinal Tap).

I honestly don't understand the bag tipping over stuff...for most any bag. If you set it down like a normal person, it won't tip over.

Latest posts