• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Innova Stuff

V-tech has a reputation for going straight when thrown hard. And I do like that idea of the AvX3/Whale baby. I'm a bit surprised Infinite Discs didn't get this disc...

DiscGolfCenter doesn't have them listed yet. The ones I ordered said they wouldn't ship until next week most likely. So, just not out yet.

That disc looks upside down. Is it me, or is that a really weird look for a putter top?

I thought the same thing. Mark my words, it's the odd top that will cause the glide to be so low.

Looks interesting for sure, not sure how it will measure up vs like, the stud for example. Looks kind of similar to those.

Really though I'm thinking a whale with less glide? Is this maybe the most stable, glideless VTech putter available? I wonder how it compares to the Tomb.

I won't throw my Christmas version but will probably pick one up once stock is available.

This is a fairly shallow putter, daggers are deep dish...highly doubt this was made for Ricky. I think it will be fairly straight also, straighter than an aviar3...the star ones at least have a decent fade.

I thought the same thing. Mark my words, it's the odd top that will cause the glide to be so low.

Looks interesting for sure, not sure how it will measure up vs like, the stud for example. Looks kind of similar to those.

Really though I'm thinking a whale with less glide? Is this maybe the most stable, glideless VTech putter available? I wonder how it compares to the Tomb.

The Tomb is a little more squared-off on the sides, for lack of a better term. The Tomb is extremely straight when thrown with some power, and has a definite fade when thrown powered-down. It's not exactly a hot air balloon, but the Tomb does have a bit of glide to it.

This new disc looks like it's only going to go as far as the power one puts into it. I'm curious how it would do for a spin putter...

V-tech has a reputation for going straight when thrown hard. And I do like that idea of the AvX3/Whale baby. I'm a bit surprised Infinite Discs didn't get this disc...

DiscGolfCenter doesn't have them listed yet. The ones I ordered said they wouldn't ship until next week most likely. So, just not out yet.

My apologies; I worded that poorly. Infinite Discs has been putting out some discs under their own name, such as the Sphinx (allegedly a Valkyrie top and Roadrunner bottom), Exodus (allegedly an Eagle-L or very near it, Anubis (reincarnation of the Coyote), and Tomb (V-tech bottom, possibly a Rat top?). They are some awesome molds.

So an AvairX3/Whale having a baby... I would not have been surprised if it came out under the Infinite Discs label.

And I agree: the Bullfrogs haven't shipped yet.

The nice Postwoman delivered my order this morning in time for me to take the discs out to the course.

I am finally trying a Dynamic Discs mid(!). I ordered a 170g Lucid PATROL to see if it would fill the understable mid slot. On the downhill dogleg-right hole, my RHBH throw did very well, though it was stopped short by a tree (today was declared 'SD86 wlll hit every tree today' day by the DG gods). Being new, it fought out of the anny a bit on the uphill dogleg-right throw, but it flew well.

Also, and purely on a whim, I got a 175g Star Cro. Never had one before. And it is really, really nice. Not as overstable as the Green Hornet, but does reliably fade at the end of its flight. Not the most comfortable grip in the world, but okay. I may just keep having some fun with this disc.

Last but not least, trying a 150g Pro Katana. We'll see how it down after I smack it into some trees...

This is a fairly shallow putter, daggers are deep dish...highly doubt this was made for Ricky. I think it will be fairly straight also, straighter than an aviar3...the star ones at least have a decent fade.

Must be a visual trick. The pic makes it look very tall.

I change my answer. Rick putting Omega BB.

Who's got a review of the bullfrog? Really interested in this one. Hoping it flies with as little glide as they say for laser guided FH upshots.

This is a good idea. Spreading the wealth around a bit.

https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/pro-tour-series-aviar.html

It's the P&A mold, so is this the replacement of the McPro Aviar? Has anyone gotten these yet? I'd be interested to hear how the plastic feels.

Funny that it's just generic for Teams Star & Champion. Is there nobody of note that throws the Aviar P&A, or do they think they'll get more sales by going generic?

I wonder how the profits are divided among the players (evenly distributed, or do some players get bigger pieces of the pie?)

Who's got a review of the bullfrog? Really interested in this one. Hoping it flies with as little glide as they say for laser guided FH upshots.

I picked up a 170 on Saturday, but I've only had time to play it once yesterday and once today. So far I like it, and have three more on order. I really like the shallow feel and it lands very softly without much skip.

Aviars have always given me problems as throwers, but the Bullfrog's shallow rim comes out of my hand great, and it's a very straight shooter.

Sorry that's all I have...I've only had it for two days, but I think I have a new P/A disc.

It's the P&A mold, so is this the replacement of the McPro Aviar? Has anyone gotten these yet? I'd be interested to hear how the plastic feels.

Funny that it's just generic for Teams Star & Champion. Is there nobody of note that throws the Aviar P&A, or do they think they'll get more sales by going generic?

I wonder how the profits are divided among the players (evenly distributed, or do some players get bigger pieces of the pie?)

Me suspects they were making a big run of McPro Aviars, and then McBeast up and left for Discraft. So they put together a new Tour Series stamp, apply it, and say "Hey, buy these discs and support everyone!".

Not a bad marketing idea, and it does spread the wealth. It also makes me wonder if they'll discontinue the "McPro" plastic line of Aviars after these are done selling...

Me suspects they were making a big run of McPro Aviars, and then McBeast up and left for Discraft. So they put together a new Tour Series stamp, apply it, and say "Hey, buy these discs and support everyone!".

Not a bad marketing idea, and it does spread the wealth. It also makes me wonder if they'll discontinue the "McPro" plastic line of Aviars after these are done selling...

I'm going to wait until the signature edition of the Pro Tour Series Aviar comes out.

How many people are on Team Star and Team Champion? :D

Latest posts