• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Run Echo Star Destroyers

Gmtata01

Eagle Member
Did anyone see that the Disc Golf Values Webpage was advertising echo destroyers? $17 max weight? Will these be making a comeback from the dead?

I have like 6 of the old robot ones and a few of the pop top ones but I am wanting to know if innova will be making more and how these will fly.

I thought Echo was OOP.
Maybe it's just a pile of old stock that they're finally selling?

I wonder if they could release echo destoryers and teebirds at the factory store and even charge a couple of extra bucks

Pretty sure those two molds would sell

I'm cool with this, but I'd prefer them around 168, which seems to be the sweet spot for Destroyers, hopefully they don't have a blizzardy rim.

I have two. Both max weight. One is flat, the other has a big daddy pop top. Guess what, the flat one turns, the pop top doesn't! They're nice though, can't really tell the difference between this plastic and current run star. We'll have to see how quickly they season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one, and I just like the feel of the plastic better than anything. I also feel the flight is what a Tern flight should be, and it is longer than my champ, despite being almost 10g. heavier.

I snagged a couple. I'm hoping to replace my pro Destroyer as it wears out with these. I have a few pop top echo star wraiths that I love for max distance S shots. Hopefully these are the Destroyer equivalent.

I thought Innova Echostsr was OOP because they were using it for their shimmer star or some other type of newer plastic.

I'm cool with this, but I'd prefer them around 168, which seems to be the sweet spot for Destroyers, hopefully they don't have a blizzardy rim.

I will second that. For slower average players the 167-168 gram Destroyers seem to work best and I am using the Champion plastic. I have a 170 gram disc same plastic and it does a shot like a long bow strung up, the bow shape in flight. I got 170 gram originally as I thought the disc would be like most other drivers, that the 170-172 grams would work best for average throwers. Even the discs that are similar to the Destroyer say a Wraith or an Orc they fly best at 169-170 grams.

I thought Innova Echostsr was OOP because they were using it for their shimmer star or some other type of newer plastic.

Word was that the material was being used in the Swirly Star plastic that a lot of the Tour Series (TS) discs were coming out in. Innova really upped their TS offerings and Swirly Star offerings, so it would make sense that not enough was left over for many Echostar runs.

I got mine in over the weekend. Super pop top, but a pretty low PLH that is similar to my pro destroyer and lower than any stars I have. Feels basically just like star plastic in the hand, but you can see some of the recycled bits of MF and whatnot like previous runs. Looking forward to throwing them.

these throw like echo stars. flippy/straighter than stars right out of the box. I'm happy.

Latest posts