• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

No! No! charge me more please.....

Dude, just go buy some stock runs then... It's honestly not that much more if you consider you're supporting your favourite players and such. Plus, I'll happily pay a premium for a sick stamp, swirly, or colour.
Disc Golf is pretty cheap compared to other sports.

InfiniteDisc has done the same, the 4x Zone 13.99 and the 5X is 18.99. Can't image all the resellers are doing the money grab. This percentage of increase is worse than the brick and mortars. I stopped at 3 more PIA's on my way back home tonight and they have different ownership but the pricing structure was the same.

MarshallStreet had Proto Lunas for 15.99 and I got 5 a month after it launched. They may have started at 19.99 but when I went shopping the price was 15.99.

As for pricing, Discraft has always been a bit higher for what they charge resellers. I have a buddy who owns a large store in Florida and we were just going over manufacturer numbers last month. I will call him in the morning and as if there was an increase for Paige's and Paul's new discs.

The difference in price between the 4x stamp and the 5x stamp is entirely up to the local store (wholesale price from Discraft is exactly the same either way). They're probably discounting the 4x because they have the new 5x stamp.

And I don't know where you shopped, but proto Lunas, first run Lunas and stock-run Lunas have consistently retailed at $19.99 since they debuted (again, wholesale price hasn't changed). So the Fierce being priced similarly is no surprise at all.

But hey, rant on. :\

I could see buying a PP putter just because I want to support women's dg and especially Paige.

But I throw almost all base plastic, which kind of dictates my brand. Innova is the only brand that has much selection in base plastic. And I can't get premium plastic to break in like ever. It just never breaks in for me. So I guess I'm Innova for life. Yay.

InfiniteDisc has done the same, the 4x Zone 13.99 and the 5X is 18.99. Can't image all the resellers are doing the money grab. This percentage of increase is worse than the brick and mortars. I stopped at 3 more PIA's on my way back home tonight and they have different ownership but the pricing structure was the same.

MarshallStreet had Proto Lunas for 15.99 and I got 5 a month after it launched. They may have started at 19.99 but when I went shopping the price was 15.99.

As for pricing, Discraft has always been a bit higher for what they charge resellers. I have a buddy who owns a large store in Florida and we were just going over manufacturer numbers last month. I will call him in the morning and as if there was an increase for Paige's and Paul's new discs.

I'm a retailer myself (have been for 15+ years). I am telling you, there has been NO increase in price on these discs from Discraft's side. Wholesale price on the proto Lunas was $10. Wholesale price on everything Paul McBeth (Luna, Zeus, Anax, 4x stamps, 5x stamps) has been $10 from the start. Wholesale price on the proto Fierce is $10. MSRP is and has always been $19.99 for all those discs. Nothing has changed from their end. Price variance is entirely on the retail side.

Anybody know what one of those ridiculous 4x claw buzzzes are going for? I bought one with trade in credit so I can flip to some McFanboy.

I get that the cool stamp has zero effect on the way the disc flies.

I've thoroughly tested this theory, and proven it untrue.

The cooler the stamp, the more likely the disc flight veers off course towards deep water or some other unrecoverable spot.

(Similarly, a really ugly dye job is virtually unloseable, but will fly too well to remove from your bag).

I've thoroughly tested this theory, and proven it untrue.

The cooler the stamp, the more likely the disc flight veers off course towards deep water or some other unrecoverable spot.

(Similarly, a really ugly dye job is virtually unloseable, but will fly too well to remove from your bag).
Which explains why pond divers don't return the discs they find.

Triggered fanboy? A little sensitive about all those "special" $20 discs in your bag? LMAO!

I throw stock ....friend.... and have thrown Discraft for over 10yrs. I forgive u since u dont know me.

Just here wondering why ppl in their feelings about normal disc pricing....

....And then want to share those feelings while also admitting to buying 12 other discs that same day and crying over 4$.

Not a great effort in tryin to stand up for the OP. Maybe u will do better next time.

All McBeth 4X stuff (and Pierce stuff) started at $19.99 MSRP for the protos and first runs. Stock run McBeth stuff went back down to normal stock prices after the first run, except for the Luna which is Paul's official "tour series" or whatever disc where he gets a cut from each disc.

These new 5X stamps are limited edition stamps, so they place them at the higher MSRP

MSRP on everything Limited, Proto, and 1st run is 19.99. Dealer costs on all of those is 27% higher for Z plastic, 18% for ESP/Ti. At 19.99 we make about the same profit percentage as stock priced Z discs, and a bit more for ESP/Ti.

Side note: Discraft stock dealer prices are the best prices that I get out of any manufacturer. Not by much, but they are cheaper.

Last edited:
My Play It Again is ran by cool people. The 5x McBeth is $19.99 for Z/Ti/ESP plastic. They can get a little carried away with pricing occasionally but they usually stay quite fair for a brick and mortar store. Plus they have a "buy 10 discs, get the 11th free" punch card that I've used a ton b/c it applies to used discs too. They really, really enable my plastic habit.

That is helpful, got the same answer this morning when I made my call down south. Which now changes my mind about where the issue may really be. The discs I reference were in a Greenville NC, PIA store. I live in Raleigh and visit the Raleigh, Durham, Holly Springs, Greensboro and Burlington PIA's as well since I travel every week. I looked on 4 of them Friday. That 4X Force has been a 15.99 disc since the launch. Got three early after the launch. I have the discs with the retail stickers still on them. The 5X is 19.99 at the launch.

I am glad they, Discraft did't tell you guys to charge 39.99. Ouch......

Had Discraft went from 10 to 14, I bet you would have pumped the brakes and passed on the purchase. That is exactly what I did.

In all fairness, a good rule of thumb is a double on you cost to maintain margin. I understand you all have overhead. I get that, but man, many of you guys are killing us. Trim the margin a bit and sell volume. If not, we as a buying public will let them sit on shelves until the prices make a bit more sense.

I'm a retailer myself (have been for 15+ years). I am telling you, there has been NO increase in price on these discs from Discraft's side. Wholesale price on the proto Lunas was $10. Wholesale price on everything Paul McBeth (Luna, Zeus, Anax, 4x stamps, 5x stamps) has been $10 from the start. Wholesale price on the proto Fierce is $10. MSRP is and has always been $19.99 for all those discs. Nothing has changed from their end. Price variance is entirely on the retail side.

In all fairness, a good rule of thumb is a double on you cost to maintain margin. I understand you all have overhead. I get that, but man, many of you guys are killing us. Trim the margin a bit and sell volume. If not, we as a buying public will let them sit on shelves until the prices make a bit more sense.

Yeah, retailers. We don't care about your payroll, utilities and rent. Stock thousands of discs that might not sell in the off chance you can sell more for less. We want cheap Frisbees and if you don't lower your price and risk going out of business, we'll gladly shop with the trunk guys who can undercut you with no bills to pay. You've been warned.

I don't mind price hike on special stuff, but if all production molds jump to higher price range then buying stacks of molds is gonna suck more. Rip wallet.

Soon you can get dg backpack for same price as one disc which is what I am worried about. And it seems innova discover bp is already priced at 24,90 (€uros).

Latest posts