• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

No! No! charge me more please.....

Clearly you can't because you do not understand the meaning of hate.

When someone was says "out of line" because paiges putter was 20$, that's a hater, because he knows that if a player owns a disc, then they get part of that sale and he still complained about it. Being a hater is more like being a complainer or being jealous rather than expressing actual hate, how long have you been on the internet again?

I inadvertently hucked a $25 disc into a lake yesterday. Kind of sucked because it was one of my favorites. Apparently even an expensive disc didn't add any magic to my crappy release. Fortunately for me I buy everything at least two at a time so I had a spare at home in the stash. Now I just need to order another one so I'll have a spare if this one disappears.

I really should bag a cheap disc or two for risky shots that may make a disc disappear.

Hopefully someone will fish my prized disc out of the lake and call me. I'd gladly pay a $10 finders fee to get it back.

I seem to recall getting lectured right here on DGCR when I used the word "hater" in a similar situation and how I shouldn't be using that term. Guess the definition of hater is fluid and subject to change.

lol good times. :thmbup:

-Dave

Hater here, is it me or is it just a Texas thing. One guy is from Austin and the other from Irving. Funny thing is the division of the company I work with is located in Irving. I mostly play Fritz in Irving and Turner over Grand Prairie when I have to go for work. I probably played with the Irving guy at some point. Turner is the course that Paul, Simon and Brodie did the 5 hole video on about 2 months ago.

I love the internet.....

Take care and thanks.

I seem to recall getting lectured right here on DGCR when I used the word "hater" in a similar situation and how I shouldn't be using that term. Guess the definition of hater is fluid and subject to change.

lol good times. :thmbup:

-Dave

Gotta admit, being new to DG I've found most of the complaints about disc prices to be ridiculous. Probably because I'm maximally out of touch with the sport's roots and stuff. I can buy and fill a bag for well under $200 that will perform far better than I can. When I compare that to the start-up and maintenance costs of other activities, and taking into account that most of the courses we play are free, the complaints are out of scale.

Maybe if I had started playing back in the day of (insert arbitrary golden age), I would feel some pain for what I have lost, that the sport has grown too far out of its grassroots and begun taking on the ugly characteristics of capitalism. Still, seems overblown.

I'm perfectly okay with there existing some superficially premium versions of discs at premium prices (and paying those prices because they are still pretty cheap). They don't fly better, so you're not buying better equipment than people with four fewer dollars to spend.

This is also just how marketing works, and DG is pretty basic at that. It costs more to get bigger endorsements and to promote and place the associated products, so at this basic level it's like shouting at the tides. Things can get more complex and scummy, but we aren't there yet.

This has been my perception as well since day one. Disc golf is by far the least expensive hobby I have ever been involved with. The culture has always been and will remain everything should be free or minimal costs and the sport seems to attract many people who never really were interested or competed in any sport or hobby that was organized or that cost money or had social lives. Wait until you witness people griping about paying $50 for tournaments and they receive at least $50 of stuff they can sell to pay for the event and people sneaking onto courses that charge $5 per day. Surf contests charge per division and I have seen people (many times several family members) surf in 5-6 divisions during a contest which is easily $200-$300 each weekend plus food, lodging, gas, parking, etc. Just to compare a casual golfer's mentality to a competitive disc golfer, I started playing golf at age 6 or 7 and got burned out after college with it but took it back up in my late 20's to save money from going out most nights of the week. I was spending at least $50/week just hitting balls and playing charity tournaments most weekends at $75-$100 per event that usually included food, at least one party with free alcohol and some type of merchandise like a shirt that was unsellable and I was saving money. Since 2005 I would think I average $1500.00 spent annually on disc golf which is less than what many people pay for cable and internet annually.

When someone was says "out of line" because paiges putter was 20$, that's a hater, because he knows that if a player owns a disc, then they get part of that sale and he still complained about it. Being a hater is more like being a complainer or being jealous rather than expressing actual hate, how long have you been on the internet again?

No, calling someone a hater is the weak way people who can't formulate a rebuttal dismiss people that don't fall in line with their own opinion. Nothing wrong with voicing valid complaints as people have different experiences and expectations. This is the internet after all and not everyone is going to agree on everything so discussing the pros and cons of a product is completely normal. Lumping anyone with a complaint in with actual haters is just wrong and lazy.

I see it more as actual haters are the folks who hate a company and will complain about any and everything they do regardless if its a good product or not. Just like Fanbois will sing the praises of any company they align themselves with even when they put out subpar products just to validate their own support. These folks are on the extreme ends while most discussions take place somewhere in the middle.

Ugh does anyone read the thread before they post?
The OP does not have a valid complaint. Also, the facts he/she is using to complain about are incorrect.

I'm a retailer myself (have been for 15+ years). I am telling you, there has been NO increase in price on these discs from Discraft's side. Wholesale price on the proto Lunas was $10. Wholesale price on everything Paul McBeth (Luna, Zeus, Anax, 4x stamps, 5x stamps) has been $10 from the start. Wholesale price on the proto Fierce is $10. MSRP is and has always been $19.99 for all those discs. Nothing has changed from their end. Price variance is entirely on the retail side.

Not from Austin bud, just got here. Keep trying

Hater here, is it me or is it just a Texas thing. One guy is from Austin and the other from Irving.

Again. Try reading Future, OP doesnt have a valid complaint about the pricing and Said Paiges putter isnt worth 20$ because "IT" hasnt won anything.
The only reason she got to co-design a disc is because of her past and current accomplishments.

Damn. I was wondering if this was one of those threads i should post in....i guess i should have let you ppl have a hissy fit about nuthin. If OPs post doesnt scream HATER, idk what does. Y'all trippin , lil texas for ya ;)

No, calling someone a hater is the weak way people who can't formulate a rebuttal dismiss people that don't fall in line with their own opinion. Nothing wrong with voicing valid complaints as people have different experiences and expectations. This is the internet after all and not everyone is going to agree on everything so discussing the pros and cons of a product is completely normal. Lumping anyone with a complaint in with actual haters is just wrong and lazy.

I see it more as actual haters are the folks who hate a company and will complain about any and everything they do regardless if its a good product or not.

giphy.gif

Ugh does anyone read the thread before they post?
The OP does not have a valid complaint. Also, the facts he/she is using to complain about are incorrect.

Not from Austin bud, just got here. Keep trying

Again. Try reading Future, OP doesnt have a valid complaint about the pricing and Said Paiges putter isnt worth 20$ because "IT" hasnt won anything.
The only reason she got to co-design a disc is because of her past and current accomplishments.

Damn. I was wondering if this was one of those threads i should post in....i guess i should have let you ppl have a hissy fit about nuthin. If OPs post doesnt scream HATER, idk what does. Y'all trippin , lil texas for ya ;)

I'm damn glad you came in and saved us from ourselves!!
WOW, that was close.
:rolleyes:

I'm damn glad you came in and saved us from ourselves!!
WOW, that was close.
:rolleyes:

Someone needs to let grown men know its 2020, and they say its ok to admit when your wrong and move on.

Oh and Your welcome.....i will be there next time i see y'all fail at the internet.

Again. Try reading Future, OP doesnt have a valid complaint about the pricing and Said Paiges putter isnt worth 20$ because "IT" hasnt won anything. The only reason she got to co-design a disc is because of her past and current accomplishments.

Complains people don't read post while replying to post he didnt read or sadder yet cant comprehend. :doh:

I dont care about the OP as I replied to a specific post about a specific term. Never said OP was right or wrong as I dont really care. Its capitalism, charge whatever you think you can get and if people dont like the price dont buy it. Pretty simple.

Sorry to offend your extremely sensitive feelings and making you put on your superhero cape to come save the thread. Bless your little <3.

As Taylor Swift once said, " Haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate"

She was clearly talking about overpriced tour series discs haters.

Someone needs to let grown men know its 2020, and they say its ok to admit when your wrong and move on.

Oh and Your welcome.....i will be there next time i see y'all fail at the internet.

You're

I know i done good when the grammar cherries and berries show up ;)

You seem to need some type of success in your life, no matter how trivial. So you win, big boy.

Victorious!

Ok back on topic.

I buy 100s of dollars worth of disc golf stuff each week. Just started paying attention to Discraft and noticed they are charging more this year than last.

Wait....they arent charging more? Its the same price its always been?

Well Discraft, u still lose my buisness.

The end.

Discuss..........

Latest posts