• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

No! No! charge me more please.....

giphy.gif

Victorious!

Ok back on topic.

I buy 100s of dollars worth of disc golf stuff each week. Just started paying attention to Discraft and noticed they are charging more this year than last.

Wait....they arent charging more? Its the same price its always been?

Well Discraft, u still lose my buisness.

The end.

Discuss..........

You have completely lost me. I have no idea what you are posting about, lol.

Don't buy pricier signature series discs, and stick to older stock runs?

People love to ride the hype train and Discraft is fully taking advantage of it. Just like teenagers spending money on video game loot boxes.

The only time I justify a more expensive disc is something like ledgestone or if you actually want to support a specific pro (I buy MJ comets).

I don't think we are to the place where manufacturers believe that the low-cost accessibility to the game is no longer important. So far they seem fairly reluctant to move very far away from the $7 DX/$10 Pro/$13 Champ/$15 Star general range that was set basically as each plastic was introduced. The push upmarket is happening in specialty runs; we can ensure cheap golf discs by simply refusing to buy them. :D That doesn't seem to be working, though. :(

Maybe we will get away with it; all the disc companies seem to be run by disc golfers so maybe they will always fundamentally believe in $8 golf disc as important even if the market allows them to move that price point up. Who knows?
Uhh isn't it obvious? Like the guy already told you, his DX discs in the 90s cost the same as in 2020. So your comment of "better stock up now, kids" is not only laughable but highly inaccurate. I mean DX didn't even see an increase due to inflation. That's pretty special. And it should definitely tell you something. $20 for a putter is laughable no matter how you try to twist it (just look at the Discraft fanboy in this thread trying his hardest lol). Now, if the materials cost more that would be different. But that isn't the case at all. Those production run Luna feel like extremely cheap quality, I just wonder how much that cost them to make. Probably under $1 for materials LOL

When someone was says "out of line" because paiges putter was 20$, that's a hater, because he knows that if a player owns a disc, then they get part of that sale and he still complained about it. Being a hater is more like being a complainer or being jealous rather than expressing actual hate, how long have you been on the internet again?

The better question would be, how long have you been out of diapers? Talking about a crappy putter being overpriced at $20 is a perfectly logical comment to make. I'm more concerned about the "no no charge me more please" people. Sounds like you are slave employees to these companies (a lot of you probably are). Even if Paul hand signed every single one of those, $20 would still be overpriced. This is sports equipment, people. It's sad that the disc companies are catering to collectors and resellers instead of the people who actually love and play the game. Doesn't matter if a disc golfer runs the shop, disc golf obviously doesn't make people less greedy......

This has been my perception as well since day one. Disc golf is by far the least expensive hobby I have ever been involved with. The culture has always been and will remain everything should be free or minimal costs and the sport seems to attract many people who never really were interested or competed in any sport or hobby that was organized or that cost money or had social lives. Wait until you witness people griping about paying $50 for tournaments and they receive at least $50 of stuff they can sell to pay for the event and people sneaking onto courses that charge $5 per day. Surf contests charge per division and I have seen people (many times several family members) surf in 5-6 divisions during a contest which is easily $200-$300 each weekend plus food, lodging, gas, parking, etc. Just to compare a casual golfer's mentality to a competitive disc golfer, I started playing golf at age 6 or 7 and got burned out after college with it but took it back up in my late 20's to save money from going out most nights of the week. I was spending at least $50/week just hitting balls and playing charity tournaments most weekends at $75-$100 per event that usually included food, at least one party with free alcohol and some type of merchandise like a shirt that was unsellable and I was saving money. Since 2005 I would think I average $1500.00 spent annually on disc golf which is less than what many people pay for cable and internet annually.
Disc Golf isn't cable or the internet. Poor analogy. How much would it cost me annually to play basketball? About $10-20 for a ball. People like to think that disc golf is cheap just because of its expensive, much bigger brother. In that sense, it's fairly inexpensive. But in the real world, $100-200 a month for a hobby doesn't exactly fall into the cheap realm lol. It's really up to the person. With ball golf, if you win a tournament, they're not giving you store credit to buy more golf balls that they couldn't sell on the shelves of their store. But somehow to you, that equals money. LMAO!

Has anybody seen shoes or other products that were made by recycled materials? That was my first impression of the Luna. Yes I've seen jawbreaker plastic (also crappy material) but this Luna went down a grade or level. They feel cheap.

I throw almost all base plastic ......
I can't get premium plastic to break in like ever. It just never breaks in for me. So I guess I'm Innova for life. Yay.

So, you don't hit enough trees?
I feel so sorry for you. :|

I'd argue that Discraft is staying in touch with their consumer base. They wouldn't set the msrp at $19.99 if people weren't willing to pay it. Nobody is making you buy these specialty runs. If you want a thrower, those prices remain the same.
*Milking their customer base. Fixed.

Imagine if Discraft priced the Luna at $10 (just a hypothetical). How many Innova guys would they have trying out a Discraft disc? How many customers would they be adding to that base? The answer is obvious. Ok. Now, how many people are coming to your brand for a $20 putter? More like, how many true disc golfers are you turning away?

One thing I've learned is that when the resellers come out of the woodwork and enter your niche hobby (could be anything), the hobby will quickly go down the toilet. Even to the most loyal, it will become a money grab. Those who just like to throw discs will be forced to resell discs just to equip their bag how they want it........... we are pretty much already there. How many disc golfers calling themselves pros are also Al Bundys flippin plastic LOL

Last edited:
More like my discs hit trees with insufficient force to have an effect on premium plastic.
Fair enough.
Baseline plastic doesn't get enough love.

Fair enough.
Baseline plastic doesn't get enough love.
It does. Just not from heavy throwers. Baseline is actually the bread n butter for the companies. They don't care about your little resell shop ordering 1,000 discs and sitting on over 50% of them waiting for a sucker to walk in LOL But they definitely care about wal mart ordering 100,000 at a time of DX and Pro.......

just checked Discraft putter prices on DGC, they've got plenty available for $7.49 and free shipping

Latest posts