• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nockamixon is better than your favorite course

optidiscic

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Recently saw 2 fives go up on the review board and instantly they got thumbed down...which is really weird because across the board every tourney player on the East Coast agrees that Nocky is the original and still quite relevant beast of the east.
This is not a thread to call out the thumbs downers.....its more a thread to address the fact that disc golf courses are more than beginner tees, billboard signage, and whether or not you can shoot par on the course.
Ive sat quiet for a long time and watched lesser courses get top 10 status based on rep and having bag hooks etc
Nocky is better disc golf and you know it

I have a hard time imagining that it is better than Maple Hill. I'm eager to play it and find out.

ha one review was mine. i've played Nocky countless times over the past 5 years, and when i saw it pop up on recent reviews, i knew it was time. i even adjusted my other reviews to show that this course is the superior beast more people should give it credit for. i enjoy courses that are supremely unique, and Nocky is definitely one of them.

I have a hard time imagining that it is better than Maple Hill. I'm eager to play it and find out.

This. I have no idea when I'll make it back to PA, but I would love to give Nocky a try.

its funny how many dgcrers traveling the area used to drive directly past Nocky on their way to Jordan from Tyler lol...all because of what...no mulch, not beginner friendly, signs were not magnificent enough lol

I have only played about 150 courses, so I am not quite ready to declare my favorite as the best ever. But, I guess it is settled now.

I think the reviews got thumbbed down more than the ratings. Certainly other 5s given to Nocky didn't get the same response.

don't get me wrong, maple hill is a fantastic course. i thoroughly enjoyed my rounds there, and i cannot see a time when a round there would not be fun. on the other hand, i've walked off the course at Nocky. I'll take the course that tests strength, accuracy, AND endurance...and not many push me to the latter.

dont want to focus on the thumbs down but Blazericos review was very well done "shrugs"

and mmblinks was better than others Ive seen

Last edited:
If I have a chance to play in the area next month when I'm up north, Nockamixon is my first priority. From the pics and reviews, it always looked like the premiere Phildadelphia area course. Hopefully I get a chance to visit.

i've walked off the course at Nocky. I'll take the course that tests strength, accuracy, AND endurance...and not many push me to the latter.

The "best" disc golf courses I have played truly kick your butt. :thmbup:

Might not be dolled up all pretty with glitter and colored ribbon but generally some of the most memorable DG you can play.

dont want to focus on the thumbs down but Blazericos review was very well done "shrugs"

and mmblinks was better than others Ive seen

I know you're not, but I think in this case they remind us that while opposable thumbs may be important, clickable thumbs are not.

I gave Nocky 4.5 stars four years ago while giving out only five 5 star ratings total. It's better than the majority of people's favorite but not mine.