• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] NSH Customs - 3D Printed, PDGA approved

Read though their site last night, and I'd like to try one of their discs, but how the hell am I supposed to grip a disc upside down for FH?

That's why I got the GUNNZ. It's the most production-like disc. My order went great. Got an email with options immediately, and the disc was completed next day. Supposed to arrive Friday!

This disc is incredible! It's not without flaws, but overall I am very impressed!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It is very flexible like Gstar. The top, wing, edges are all fine as far as 'feel' with the 3-D printing. The underside of the flight plate is rough, and the top is baby smooth. There is some dome, it is not board-flat. Basically has mild dome. Much more than I expected. I got 1 throw off the back deck and it flies like a Firebird.

They included a mini.

Attachments

• FA254F64-E347-4D81-AB64-ABAAE747A872.jpg
    FA254F64-E347-4D81-AB64-ABAAE747A872.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 307
  • 07103647-B315-400F-A7A6-26CB71D2B331.jpg
    07103647-B315-400F-A7A6-26CB71D2B331.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 309
  • 24E25C6B-E481-4AFA-9334-886A4F7D183C.jpg
    24E25C6B-E481-4AFA-9334-886A4F7D183C.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 311
This disc is incredible! It's not without flaws, but overall I am very impressed!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It is very flexible like Gstar. The top, wing, edges are all fine as far as 'feel' with the 3-D printing. The underside of the flight plate is rough, and the top is baby smooth. There is some dome, it is not board-flat. Basically has mild dome. Much more than I expected. I got 1 throw off the back deck and it flies like a Firebird.

They included a mini.

Burninating the countryside…

Burninating the countryside…

Yep. The disc is called GUNNZ and the literal first thing that popped in my mind was the big beefy arm on Trogdor.

So, about the disc. The pictures do not do it justice. It looks 'rough' all over, but it's smooth. Plastic bends and flexes much easier than ESP/Star, but has the hand feel that is in-between Star and champ. It feels like holding an optical illusion. It looks like 8-bit but feels like silky 4K.

Yup, the link is in a post above.

I got my Mr. Putt in yesterday; gonna throw it today and see how it flies!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20210819_180324.jpg
    20210819_180324.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 20210819_180403.jpg
    20210819_180403.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 139
  • 20210819_180345.jpg
    20210819_180345.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 135
The bottom of that looks absolutely gnarly.....

Agreed. It doesn't affect throwing at all, just psychological. I might message the company to find out if it's ok/legal to sand it a bit. I think if we hadn't ordered custom glow art, the basic disc would have been smooth. That's UNDER the flight plate, not on top.

Right, I made sure to take a picture of the glow material... it is definitely the Achilles Heel of the disc. When ordering, it was explicitly stated that the glow etching might wear away, and is not considered a manufacturing defect if it breaks/falls off.

Right, I made sure to take a picture of the glow material... it is definitely the Achilles Heel of the disc. When ordering, it was explicitly stated that the glow etching might wear away, and is not considered a manufacturing defect if it breaks/falls off.

I got a quick response email from NSH. I asked about the underneath of custom discs versus non-custom discs, and also asked about flight numbers. I'd give the GUNNZ a 9 | 2 | +1 | 4

The under etching is sometimes rough as you have observed. You are also correct in that some designs and color combinations are smoother than others. For example the standard Gunnz design is smoother, but the Stacks a custom one would be more smooth. Another option is to do standard top stamping vs the under etching. Foil stamps are a soon to be added item to the customization choices. If you want to have a stamp made for more consistent ordering I am sure we can arrange something.

Any post manufacturer modifications are illegal due to the way PDGA rules read. I can tell you from experience that I have tried an angle grinder on the plastic and it didn't seem to have any effect. The plastic is virtually indestructible once formed. I notice it just tends to get a little more smooth after repeated use. I hardly notice it now a days. I can tell you I was playing in the rain for league on Wednesday night and the extra texture was a god send.

I know it is widely adopted, but we do not compare our discs to Innova so we do not use flight number system. We think of our disc styles as you would a golf club, each one has its uses given the hole and course you are on. Also we do not have any videos at this time. Let me know if you have anymore questions and thank you for your support!

It looks like a Polecat... but it ain't no Polecat.

This Mr. Putt makes my Zone look like a Comet. This Mr. Putt makes me think I don't need to try a Stego anymore. This Mr. Putt makes me feel ashamed that I even call myself a disc golfer, surely a REAL disc golfer would be able to throw this thing more than 150' feet. Mr. Putt makes me feel feelings that I don't want to discuss with my wife.

If someone (credible) out there wants to try this out, and can throw over 500', I'll be willing to lend it out for a little bit. For science.

Are all their discs super-overstable, given they all have Tilt-level PLH due to the manufacturing process? Or do they have any straightish / understable ones as well?

Attachments

• C2FBBD7A-4AA9-4FCA-8B3C-65C75023B2A7.jpg
    C2FBBD7A-4AA9-4FCA-8B3C-65C75023B2A7.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 139
  • FC410E25-D1BB-45A0-A57E-B4CA62048E84.jpg
    FC410E25-D1BB-45A0-A57E-B4CA62048E84.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 138
To those who have thrown these at all. If you had to pick one driver and one non driver to try what would you say?

I am curious and may order some next week.

To those who have thrown these at all. If you had to pick one driver and one non driver to try what would you say?

I am curious and may order some next week.

I have no idea! Certainly would not get anything that sounds more overstable than this GUNNZ. I'd recommend sending an email to the info@ address. They've been very fast to get back with me.

The Teleport looks interesting. It would be nice to know how understable/overstable the discs are. They could make a 'stable' fairway, I'd be interested.

Technically, these discs wouldn't even have a parting line due to the manufacturing process.

I am impressed with the material. I threw some intentional spike hyzers onto concrete with no scuff whatsoever. This may not be the fastest production method, but I bet it's more consistent, and possibly more durable.

Imagine being able to 3-D print freeware discs? For the price of a medium stash. I have a 3-D printer, and there are tons of shareware free things to print. With a machine capable of this strong, flexible filament… that'd be so cool.

Latest posts