• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Nuke vs. Destroyer

I have a Nuke and a Destroyer. I bought the Nuke from Spinners Pro Shop in Phoenix (Scottsdale), Arizona. The gentleman there had three ESP Nukes left and suggested the one that was the most domey. He said the flatter ones were more stable and the domey ones were less stable and got more glide. This could account for some of the contrasting posts in this thread.

Anyway, I find my Seasoned Champ Destroyer more over stable then the ESP Nuke. As the gentleman at Spinners told me before I bought the Nuke, it doesn't cut to the left as hard as a Boss, Groove or Force at the end of its flight. I hyzer flipped my Nuke flat into a headwind on the practice field the other day, where as my destroyer stayed on a hyzer line into the same headwind. To me they feel like completely different discs and both have their uses and a spot in my bag.

COMPLETELY agreed. My FLX XL says it has a stability rating of 1.5 and the Nuke is 1.6???? Come on that has to be off. I have to crank the Nuke to get it to turn over, once it turns over it is a minimum 300 ft throw.

Now that FLX XL, I can turn that thing over on a 150 ft approach.

FLX is the most inconsistent premium priced plastic ever made...It can take any mold and make it over or understable.

The Nuke is designed to be thrown with at least 400' of power...If you don't throw it at least that far it is not going to live up to its given rating. No ratings of speed 10+ discs are going to be accurate unless you throw 400'.

FLX is the most inconsistent premium priced plastic ever made...It can take any mold and make it over or understable.

The Nuke is designed to be thrown with at least 400' of power...If you don't throw it at least that far it is not going to live up to its given rating. No ratings of speed 10+ discs are going to be accurate unless you throw 400'.

I guess that's why it works so well (and predictably) on those 350-450 ft. Downhill bombs. The Pro Katana seems to be the exception to this rule for me though...

I am trying hard to like the FLX but it is strange. Kind of like a Novelty disc.

Latest posts