• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NYC

Balzac

I'll be in NYC for several days in mid-March. I want to sneak in a round during my trip if the weather allows and add another state to my list (be it NY, NJ, or CT). I would probably prefer to use public transportation if that is an option, but I could likely borrow a car if need be to drive myself. I'm open to anything within an hour of two of the city. My initial research leads me to think that Leonard Park in Mt. Kisco (designed by Ed Headrick!) may be my best bet. I invite you to try to convince me otherwise.

New York City is tough when it comes to DG, but if you're able to commute, Warwick Town Park would offer about a full day's worth of DG. Otherwise there are a couple of courses in southern CT that you could take the Metro-north out of Grand Central and then Uber out to. I have played both Cranbury Park and Sherwood Island; Cranbury is more wooded but Sherwood Island has more open and wind is a huge factor there being right up against the ocean.

Check out the costanza loop in central park. Back nine rumored to be pristine.

New York City is tough when it comes to DG, but if you're able to commute, Warwick Town Park would offer about a full day's worth of DG. Otherwise there are a couple of courses in southern CT that you could take the Metro-north out of Grand Central and then Uber out to. I have played both Cranbury Park and Sherwood Island; Cranbury is more wooded but Sherwood Island has more open and wind is a huge factor there being right up against the ocean.

Thanks for the suggestions. Now if the weather will just cooperate....

Latest posts