• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Oblique pain

LmidgitD

Bogey Member
Been playing nearly 2-3 hours a day for a month now. The past two outings I've had some pretty sizable pain in my left oblique. Almost feels like the muscle was close to tearing. (Had a muscle tear before, no fun) I throw RHBH and RHFH. Been working on my drives, which makes me think I was throwing off balance. This prolly led to the injury.

I'm obviously taking a little time off to rest. Anybody else have this problem? Know what caused it?

Thanks for any help.

Rest and ice the muscle, if it's inflamed. Try to stretch it throughout your day -- one way to do so would be to get onto your knees and reach forward with your fingers away from your body (as if in a praying position). Think about sinking your armpits as close to the floor as possible. Hold this position for at least 30 seconds, and do it three times or so.

Take a couple of days off and see if you've gotten any better. Three hours worth of the same repetitive movement can get to your body, especially if you don't properly warm-up. (I know, it's kinda lame to do that before you disc.) I'm wary to give advice without a real evaluation... but if the pain hasn't abated by next weekend, I'd politely suggest seeing a physical therapist or some other orthopedic health professional.

Thanks for the information. I usually stretch very quickly before playing, however not enough. The pain is only after I drive, and the rest of the day it is fine. Luckily I think I caught it before it got bad. Such a shame since it's been nice out lately.