• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the CD Craze more a control driver or distance driver? Discmania's website has the S-line Craze listed as a control driver, however the Infinite Discs website has the disc listed as a distance driver.

Last edited:
Is the CD Craze more a control driver or distance driver? Discmania's website has the S-line Craze listed as a control driver, however the Infinite Discs website has the disc listed as a distance driver.

Mostly depends on your strength. For a pro level player a speed 10 is a control driver. For a mid-level player it might be a prefect distance driver. For a new player it's probably too fast even as a distance driver and an FD and CD2 would be better distance drivers.

For me, the S-CD is the Go-To for most drives unless I need more OS finish or headwind that I would go up to a destroyer. But the CD will go for days, I love it soo straight.

I really want a D or P line MD4 as well. They would be in the mythical dx roc category and I think they would be magical

Discmania Support Reply

Thanks for the update on the P-Line MD3s.

How did they mold up?

These P-MD3's are just as good as ever. No distinguishing differences thus far, which we are happy with for sure.

"The Second Run C-LINE FD is made in a very hard blend of C-LINE with much less dome"

Ok everybody is crazy for the 2nd run FD's and I have not heard of anybody owning one who is not in love with them. So my question is why would you not re-run the FD in "very hard blend of C-LINE". You must have the recipe for the "very hard blend of C-LINE". Is the plastics in the recipe not available? Too many X-outs? Do they last too long thereby reducing the need to re-buy?

Seriously why no love?

Jenga54 is correct. This is something we have worked tirelessly on for years and haven't gotten the desired result quite yet. Plastics change, seasons change, and the same reasons that runs vary a bit from one to another is the same thing that goes for the 2nd run FD. Though that run was a wonderful anomaly and much different than others, that scenario is relevant for lots of runs. We may have some tricks up our sleeves for the future and rest assured that it is not intentional that the 2nd run has not returned. We want it just as badly as you do. We also don't want to put out a product that doesn't meet our expectations either.

They were not only stiffer, but flatter and much more stable than any other run. it's just a fact of life that run to run they will have differences. this run was more different than most, turns out

tons of factors go into plastic injection molding - I've watched some interesting interviews with Dave Dunipace talking about plastics. even buying the same blend/type of plastic from the same vendors it will still vary from bag to bag of plastic.

There are environmental factors like the temperature and humidity of the shop too that will impact the final product

All good points. Some things are hard to foresee and some are hard to change. This particular flight of the 2nd run is something we will pursue until we get the result that people will be thrilled with.

Discmania Support Reply

The CD is technically a distance driver as far as our speed ratings are concerned. They should likely be listed as such. What people need to focus on is fairway driver vs. distance driver. The control name in there can easily be applied to any sort of disc. Though a control driver is not typically a true distance driver, this one fits the bill for a "medium" max distance driver. Same thing goes for the CD2 essentially.

Mostly depends on your strength. For a pro level player a speed 10 is a control driver. For a mid-level player it might be a prefect distance driver. For a new player it's probably too fast even as a distance driver and an FD and CD2 would be better distance drivers.

For me, the S-CD is the Go-To for most drives unless I need more OS finish or headwind that I would go up to a destroyer. But the CD will go for days, I love it soo straight.

Excellent points! The CD is a great disc for distance shots for most players and serves as a longer fairway-type driver for more experienced advanced or pro players. The CD in general is something that people need to give a fair shot. It is a wonderful disc and would honestly be the perfect substitute for anyone that hasn't taking a liking to the PD, for example.

Please make D-Line MD4's. Not a fan of P-Line plastic. G-Line would be nice too

All in good time. We expect that next year will bring lots of new surprises.

Has it been a week yet?!?

Coming soon. We got spread thin with the recent releases and are doing our best to get these back for you as soon as possible.

Yeah I was popping back in to check on this as well. This mold in this plastic, it's so perfect. It's probably my favorite disc in my bag, I have just wanted a fresh one for a while now.

Coming very soon and the good news is they feel just like the last ones. We couldn't be happier.

I really want a D or P line MD4 as well. They would be in the mythical dx roc category and I think they would be magical

Next year will be a year full of fun and surprises. Not everything on the wishlist may visit us, but you can expect some good stuff to come in the future.

Thanks on the p-line md3's.

Sorry if this has been covered before, but what disc does the PD2 share a bottom wing section with? I know the PD has a firebird bottom and the DD a wraith. And people have said that the PD2 is an XCal bottom, but it's supposedly .1 cm wider. Also, I think people have said XCal just because of the flight description Discmania gives- which doesn't actually state that it shares mold pieces with the XCal, just that the flight is similar.

Thanks on the p-line md3's.

Sorry if this has been covered before, but what disc does the PD2 share a bottom wing section with? I know the PD has a firebird bottom and the DD a wraith. And people have said that the PD2 is an XCal bottom, but it's supposedly .1 cm wider. Also, I think people have said XCal just because of the flight description Discmania gives- which doesn't actually state that it shares mold pieces with the XCal, just that the flight is similar.

PD2 is the Xcal/Destroyer bottom with the Anyhyzer top. Similar to the DDx which has the Tern Bottom and Anhyzer top.

Congrats on the move to your new facility.. I like the strategically placed P-MD3's in your FB announcement post.. ;) gimme gimme gimme. Hope to see these up on the store soon!

I'm guessing the P-Line MD3 will be on the store after the move? I don't facecook. Gimme Gimme! I need that sweet grippy P-Line in my life.

So are you guys going to put out all of the new runs of different discs on the store at once?
Im guessing shortly after the move?

Jussi's instagramming again

Attachments

• 03958C4C-3BBB-4C93-8A99-691BB8575F3A.jpg
    03958C4C-3BBB-4C93-8A99-691BB8575F3A.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 77
Status
Not open for further replies.