• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ogden and the greater Northern Utah area

aphilso1

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
I just accepted a job offer in the Ogden area, and am starting to really scope out the disc golf courses nearby. Will likely live somewhere in either southern Weber County or northern Davis County. I'm finding that there are quite a few courses listed on uDisc that are not catalogued here on DGCR. Some examples:

Schneiter's Bluff – West Point
Break Time 9 – Layton
Windsor's Farms Park – West Haven
Ridgeline – Millville
Cache County Fairgrounds – Logan. DGCR 5/6/18 update says all baskets have been pulled, but uDisc says it's active.

So what's the deal with these courses? Does Northern Utah have a bunch of temp courses mapped in Udisc, or are these just some under the radar spots?

On a related note, are the various mountain courses (Nordic Valley, Snowbasin, Wolf Creek, and North Fork Environmental) only open seasonly?

Thanks in advance. As a lifelong flatlander, I'm excited to be moving to the beautiful mountains of Northern Utah!

I don't know about the courses but my trips there a few years back showed me what an amazing part of the country that is. I'd never seen so many mountain ranges before.
Enjoy and good luck!

I visited a friend in Eden, UT a few years back and it was beautiful. Took a swim in the OTHER great lake and did a bunch of hiking. The night sky in that area is awesome - they are specifically light pollution conscious. I wasn't into disc golf at the time so I didn't think to check out the courses.

As to the courses not listed, I know a few of them around me are private courses and want people to contact them before they show up. I'm not certain if that is relevant here or not.

Infinite Discs is located nearby. I bet some folks there would be happy to tell you which courses are available to play.

Snowbasin is definitely seasonal, and I'd assume the same is true of any course at higher altitudes in that region.

Definitely a lot of courses in that area, especially going south into SLC and Provo. Spent a few days playing disc there last summer and I feel like I barely scratched the surface!