• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ohio Disc Golf Hall of Fame?

Jay Dub

* Ace Member *
The other day Fred Salaz posted a new thread on the local forums asking this question:

Fred on Local Forum said:
I would be interested in having the Ohio Disc Golf Hall of Fame at ":The Nati" pro shop in Cincinnati Ohio. Maybe later we could set it up so that it would be able to move around the state. I do believe Cincinnati was the first place for disc golf in Ohio. What do you think?

Concerned Disc Golfer said:
what's the protocol for determining such a thing as to where a state's HOF should reside?

AdamJ from Cincy said:
I have wanted to pursue a Ohio DG HOF and have thought about it for years. I do know of several states that have this already, such as Indiana, Wisconsin,Minnesota, and Iowa. This would have to be a state wide decision and not something we can solely make decisions about.

Is there anyone interested in taking the reins on this idea and get the ball rolling?

Same question, what do you think?

If there were a pro shop or other DG exclusive building at the Hambrick, I'd say put it there. Alas, there is not. I think a DG exclusive building would almost be necessary to something like a HOF, as far as I know, there are very few in the state, The Nati probably is the best location with most available courses to play nearby.

I feel that if you are going to have a HoF, the building needs to be a little bigger than that of the Nati or Hazy Shade.

Latest posts