• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ok so lets be honest...

Guitarplaya84

What is the difference in performance? take a t bird for instance. one of my favorite discs. compare a regular old cheap t bird against a champ t. what is the actual difference. i have thrown these two discs side by side and see no difference... just curious...

i have been and see no diff. how can the flight pattern be diff when it it designed to fly a certain way?

The discs wear differently and will warp/scratch/lose mass as they beat in.

it's also my understanding that weight isn't distributed across the disc in exactly the same way from plastic to plastic.

I could be wrong though

let the dx tbird get beat up for a while and then compare it to the champ. There should be a big difference. The dx will get straighter with no fade and the champ will still have hefty fade left in it.

edit: if there weren't any differences, then what would be the point be of paying more for the same disc?

i have been and see no diff. how can the flight pattern be diff when it it designed to fly a certain way?
Because different plastics interact with the air in a different way (surface texture plays a part here) and especially because even if the mold is the same, the different plastics usually come out of the mold/cool in a different shape. The champ TBs are usually higher PLH, meaning if you place a DX and a Champ TB on a flat surface the wing of the Champ one will be slightly higher from the ground. This leads to them flying more overstable.

Then there's the feel, grip, durability...

EDIT: Sometimes they also come out of the mold with more or less identical shapes, and then they fly pretty identically, until they get beat up.

despite being 10 grams lighter than my DX teebirds, my champion teebird is noticeably more stable than both the DX molds i carry. this was the case when all of them were brand new, as well

my DX teebirds fly farther than my champ, but I carry both. My champs are all more overstable than any of my DX teebirds, and they come in handy when there is a bit of wind. :thmbup:

Why no Star Teebird love here? Mmmmm...flat star Teebird...my Teebird of choice.

I agree with Fat Albert with the flat star teebirds being my favorite, but all teebirds should fly the exact same out of the box new. The DX might have a bit more glide out of the box than the other two but not by a ton. Also, teebirds in dx are a lot more durable than a lot of you all are giving them credit for. No one really throws baseline plastic too much anymore that I see besides in putters and rocs and it is a shame. Dx is pretty awesome.

I have a DX Teebird and have been toying with getting a Star. I don't like throwing DX plastic for distance.

Here's my question: I'm a big Lat 64 fan and I've heard the Striker is similar to the teebird. Which plastic/weight combination on a Striker would be closest to a 171g DX Teebird?

I have a 175 dx wraith that is very concave on the top this was some defect in the plastic or from warping from storage, who knows, now this thing will not fly like any other wraith i have thrown in fact this disk is freaking insane bullet which holds a line like its job and glides so far with almost zero fade. you can not get these type of changes in other plastic hate to say it but sometimes cheaper is better.

not usually but u can get some cool stuff from it

I have a DX and Champ Leopard in my bag currently, and they fly completely different.

my guess is that if your DX teebird and champ teebird are flying exactly the same, and weigh the same, you aren't getting the disc up to speed for the mold and both are hyzering out early.