• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ok whos got a Riot?

got one in the mail yesterday and took it for a test drive today.
I'd have to say that the riot definitely has some potential, but I'm still not sure b/c I was throwing in a field that had 6+ inches of snow on it and it's freezing ass cold outside, so I was having trouble getting some consistent run-ups and releases. I was getting it out to the 370-380 ft. range which was were I was throwing my z surge also (compared flights). It had a straighter flight path then the surge and I thought the grip on the riot was really comfortable. I probably wont put it in the bag this winter, but it might make it in in the spring.

I now carry two riots in my bag...they are a really sweet disc.....I have one that I filed the flashing off so it is less stable and a flashed one to be more stable.....the angled rim for me makes for a super clean release and they seem to take a real consistant line....after throwing these two for a couple of weeks I also ordered up a opto core and this is a really nice disc too....the plastic is soooo nice....like a star crossed with a champ....the roc is out....the core is in!

Anyone notice a flight difference by color or dominess?

Out of all you guys, who's still tossing them?

dgdave said:

more dome will have a touch more glide and be a bit more stable. no riot left in my bag though, after a while that slanted rim really came out of the closet and started giving me early releases unless i gripped it uncomfortably hard

Jesse B 707 said:
after a while that slanted rim really came out of the closet and started giving me early releases unless i gripped it uncomfortably hard

Uhhhhh, what?

I have a riot, they're ok but nothing great. The slanted rim never really gave me too many issues.

... But the cd "Riot" from the band Paramore is fantastic.

I got two riots in today and 5 throws in a few iches of snow/ice.

1st off, the slanted rin was a lot less slanted than what I thought it was going to be. I had no release problems with a power grip or a stacked fork grip.

I couldn't get a ton of power on them because of the conditions, but the had a lot more fade than expected going about 350ish (the one I was tossins was a domey blue one). I got one good rip and it locked into a flat, straight flight for quite a ways, but I couldn't see the finish because this hole goes up then down a hill.

I think I'll like them. We'll see when the schmutz is gone

mzuleger said:
I have a riot, they're ok but nothing great. The slanted rim never really gave me too many issues.

please tell me this is a joke??

dgdave said:
I got two riots in today and 5 throws in a few iches of snow/ice.

1st off, the slanted rin was a lot less slanted than what I thought it was going to be. I had no release problems with a power grip or a stacked fork grip.

I couldn't get a ton of power on them because of the conditions, but the had a lot more fade than expected going about 350ish (the one I was tossins was a domey blue one). I got one good rip and it locked into a flat, straight flight for quite a ways, but I couldn't see the finish because this hole goes up then down a hill.

I think I'll like them. We'll see when the schmutz is gone
they fly great but when i would really lay into em they would pop out before the optimal hit zone

I still throw them but not regularly, that is only because I don't play any very long courses. I keep two seasoned ones in my trunk for when I am playing those big courses.

I have never had a real problem with the slanted rim and I must say they fly very well and use them for a few courses around here that have 400' shots.

Jesse B 707 said:
mzuleger said:

please tell me this is a joke??

No joke, the slanted rim doesn't bother me at all :wink:

Grips and hands are different. Getting used to the slant plays a part. After throwing QKs and especially QK2s Riot's slant is basically insignificant. Slants do require an accustomization period.

dgdave said:

My flat clear is on winter vacation. But I don't have enough footing to properly lay into an orange MOLF either. Before the snow came, it was a great max D huk when there's no real head or cross wind to show the hard limits of my skill. And it out drove my friend's flat and domy Bosses :)

I'm not using them any more, but when i was i liked the domier ones better (and they really don't get THAT domey at all, it's a pretty flat disc). A little more stablity and glide. I didn't like the way they broke in at all. They did not perfrom well enough in the wind for me to justify keeping them in the bag.

Just love the disc.

1. The beveled rim is great. There are no hangups/ late throws. I will throw this with just a touch of hyzer, like 10 degrees. At the point of release, it just glides off of the fingers. In addition, it does not climb like some discs. Just like they say, perfect low flier.

2. I think that the stability is close to a max weight star destroyer, new.

3. Opto plastic. Beautiful to look at, with just enough suppleness to help grip.

Anyway, I took this disc out with my destroyer and champy boss. You get just as much distance with them, and they have about half the low speed fade built in. If you want a fast disc, without the big rim, this is an excellent choice. Many people are turned off of the boss for that very reason. But the boss, destroyer and riot each have an application in my bag. Bit if I had to dismiss one, it would probably be the destroyer, so I would retain the riot.

Latest posts