• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Old Farts Only 40+ (no kids allowed)

What do you find most annoying about the new disc golf scene?

• Total voters
As of yesterday my new test for membership in the club is the following scenario: There is a chain link fence. It would behoove you to be on the other side of it from where you are. Do you jump it, or spend five minutes looking for another way around it? If you would jump it, you need to get the F*** off of my lawn and out of my thread! :mad: If you have started searching for a land route, you may stay. :p

I don't see the option for bribing a kid to jump the fence with some crust plastic in your trunk.

What if my first thought was to cut through the fence with the multi-tool I carry?
You are a vandal and should be incarcerated for your criminal acts. :| I like how you think, you can stay.

I don't see the option for bribing a kid to jump the fence with some crust plastic in your trunk.
In my day we jumped fences for old dudes out of respect; I'm not bribing those snot-nosed disrespectful punks with my hard-earned plastic. :mad:

Welcome to the secret society! The rule are indeed different, but we generally don't advertise them.

Proper And Appropriate Rules Of Disc Golf For Seniors …

2a. If your disc hits a tree you have your age in seconds to retrieve the disc and throw again with no penalty. A 60 year old gets a full minute.

That makes me 100% in circle 1 and only a few testers necessary in circle 2. Works for me!

So I played a safe locals only we are declared Covid free tourney, social distancing in place, only played with people from here, no groups other than the 4 and 3 I played with and 3 was the guy who works for me and his wife.. Don't go off.. The point is I feel old haha.

Played the first 27 with two of my favourite old fellas and who I suppose it's safe to say are my mentors, one punched in the course 40yrs ago (would have been the anniversary tourney) other fella just turned 72 and has perfect attendance at Sunday doubles, Rev. Jim Willey we call him.. I haven't been to the public course in two months, haha a little rough. Had to slim down my bag, by the second round I was down to 4 molds Envy, Ohm, Relay and Tesla... no I don't expect you older folks to know what those are but I assure you I wasn't throwing an electric vehicle...

The first highlight of the round for me was a almost ace on an impossible hole on a total fluke (lucky and unintended) line.

it was nice finally playing with guys I haven't seen for 2 months it was a great round, I shot like **** but I feel like I kept good mojo going. Banged an ace with my Ohm on a tonal after a couple cages on the baskets. Yapping my way in to pick up my disc I putted it out, I got a warning for practice throw haha. I totally forgot I'd aced!

Played the next 27 with wife and buddy, good company, she's one of the pro women and she was worried about keeping up but we always have good mojo when we play together, and my dog loves her because she was super kind when he was first learning.. Anyhow she got one stroke better than me, I made sure to point it out so she felt good about that!

Blew out my arm about 6 holes into the last 27, real bad bad form on a LHFH, had to go righty backhand (wrong handed for me) and it took 3 holes for em to notice.. When you get over 40 and have lots of injuries you learn to play wrong handed for love of the sport. Just happy to go out and throw, then I tried another flick with the Tesla, almost beheaded a dude but it missed... no power left in that arm haha.

Tonight (the next day) I played a yard round with a Whitler and Scorpion.. Not just any Whitler, one of a few prototypes they ran in a grippier but less durable plastic, damn I love my friends thanks Mike from Nanaimo (dysMike I think..) I'm going to play my next Sunday dubs with those 2 and my CE Leopard (Bobbo Da Clown gave me) and CE FB, just old it up, maybe not the FB.. Owwww!

Super good round, damn that Whitler goes far, but you can go and get another beer from the house while you wait for it to get there.

Old Farts Rule!

Last edited:
Hey I'm glad you have an island bubble where you can enjoy the many of the social aspects of disc golf. Ace plus stroke penalty for practice putt is a deuce, right? ;)

We still have lots of cases around here so I'm sticking to solo rounds with the dog for now. Although I have played a couple of rounds with my brother, properly distanced of course.

I'm back to working full time in the office starting Monday. Commuting again will be a serioous drag, but there are several disc golf courses on the way home . . .

Haha yeah I commandeered the first rules thread I could find for that one, the guys in round offered me a three haha but I think it would have been a 1 then penalty on the next hole for practice throw.

Good luck at work, I hear you on the disc, I thought hard about this outing. But yeah me and the dog, every night, backyard disc.. Whitler/ Ohm since I last time I was here posting, for another 9 holes... Before bed, apparently the round I played with him before dinner didn't count.. We have to play AFTER dinner.. Haha we love our routines.

Last edited:
Was on lead card tied in final round with some kid I never met before, I was at least 25 years older than him. I remember we were matching each other's scores the first few holes and I parked a pretty tough hole from the tee, I looked at him and said he would be one down after this. I did just to see if I could shake him up a little. Welll,long story short, he aced the hole and ended up beating me by 4 strokes.

picture.php

So there's talk about cashing in tourneys in another thread.. One guy said he played like an old fart while in his 30's and cashed often.. Now after 40 everyone is playing like an old fart.... Smart! Haha

I just started last year at 51, so I am still not sure who to be pissed off at yet.

But I've so far found it's a lot like motorcycling to me: if you are slow af: MOVE OVER and let me by!

I can keel over at any minute. I ain't got time for you and your ten bros/gros to throw 50' hyzers with your 12 speed discs. Grrrr. I just want to finish my 27 holes as per my doctors recommendation. And if you see me peeing behind a tree: just know that some day nothing will make you happier then peeing. I promise I am not trying to scare the children.

I just started last year at 51, so I am still not sure who to be pissed off at yet.

But I've so far found it's a lot like motorcycling to me: if you are slow af: MOVE OVER and let me by!

I can keel over at any minute. I ain't got time for you and your ten bros/gros to throw 50' hyzers with your 12 speed discs. Grrrr. I just want to finish my 27 holes as per my doctors recommendation. And if you see me peeing behind a tree: just know that some day nothing will make you happier then peeing. I promise I am not trying to scare the children.

lol that's funny and very true. :thmbup:

Hahahaha ...

f###..

Brb gotta pee.

And take the dog out for 9... looks like the rain is down to a drizzle.. Going to try and recapture my youth with a couple FR Volts.. I haven't made them work right for a few years. Damn I hope I don't end up with nothing but a Stratus at 50. :D

Latest posts