• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

old super custom DIY backpack cart post

Chocbeermaker

I ran across a photo of a DIY cart someone had made for a Lat 64 backpack (I think it was that bag anyway). Guy that posted it must have been a welder, all aluminum tubing, all welded construction, never seen anything quite like it, had to be custom. I've searched and searched through the cart threads and cant find it. if anyone remembers what I'm talking about could you point me to the thread or post the pictures I'm talking about to this thread? I appreciate any and all help and thank you in advance!

MTL

Ridge roller is coming out with a new cart for backpack bags the lat64 bag is used in it for a lot of the pics, were you thinking of the ridge roller?

I have 1 left its purple. Universal AT is what it's called on my web And it's now got the flip up seat. RidgeRoller.com

found them

Finally found where I had saved the pictures, no idea who originally posted them. Anybody recognize it?

THX
MTL

Attachments

• Cart 1.jpg
    Cart 1.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 221
  • Cart 2.jpg
    Cart 2.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 968
Wow, impressive. Simple, elegant, and badass.

Looks like roll bar stock. You could make the tubing air tight with a valve to store air in it for a flat. Love it

I saw the pic in one of the bags groups on FB. No idea who posted it though.

Where you from?

That is definitely a nice, handmade cart. Makes me wish I was good with my hands for NON-recreational uses.

Those tires looks identical to the Delta/Ridge roller setup also. :thmbup:

I think it would be fun to build your own cart. If I find the right equipment, I might do so.

If I only had the 5k worth of tools to build a hundred dollar cart

^ This is true.

I'm a woodworker so I've got the wrong tools for this cool project.

Wooden cart? I don't think so

It would be tough to keep the joints strong on a design like this. Woods moves quite a bit without the major temperature differences a cart would be exposed to. I'm not saying it can't be done, but wood is the wrong material choice for this build

What kind of plastic can be used for something like this?

That cart you posted pictures of was a guy out of texas, he posted it on FB after he got most of the build done.
I have to assume it weights alot of lbs based on the tubing he used.

Latest posts