• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Once Around the Mountain One and Done Tournament

Camp Sankanac, per DGCR course page:play is limited to Sunday through Friday. Closed Memorial day through Labor day.

www.campsankanac.org

You should call ahead, I know they sometimes have hunters on site and the course is closed

Some quick info from their site:
Cost to use the course - $3 per person

If you are interested in using this course, we ask that you call ahead and let us know. 610-469-6320, or email us.
If you want to play a round with Pastor Jeff... email him, or call him (484-332-0889)
Course may close without notice during hunting season.

I have it planned for sunday afternoon, time to send them an email.

Pastor Jeff is a real cool guy and great to shoot with. I would try and see if he were available. I wish I was around and would play with you, but I'll be out in Pitt.

Back to the One and Done........... What disc is everyone using? I unfortunatley can't make it, but I think i'd use my new buzzz ss. I've only thrown it a handful of times but think it is a disc i can do a lot of things with and would help me learn it real well.

Thanks for the tips I do need to start to follow up on a few things concerning this trip most of all where I'll be staying.

Played to rounds yesterday with what I believe to be my one disc. Was quite interesting.

Ive done a few similiar disc and dash tours....nothing personal but youve bitten off more than is possible....not doubting your drive and endurance....but several of those courses have serious navigation issues...without a guide or some serious studying beforehand your gonna be wandering and frustrated also theres a Little Lehigh redesign planned for early may...unsure the status...you might get the old layout in after a few insane walks and nonsensical wtf wheres the next tee moments.....Sankanac is fun but has some long walks which stretches the time there as well.....we dont really mark our courses too well in the valley as far as next tee hints.....Jordan is the must play I'd skip Muhlenburg its really not a course but since its on DGCR your gonna be a sucker and try..lol
Good luck Id love to show you around a few places if youre interested in a locals help but I have a tight sched but Id like to help if I could

but several of those courses have serious navigation issues...without a guide or some serious studying beforehand your gonna be wandering and frustrated

I know it's going to be tough but I'm darn sure gonna try. I've got the throw away courses at the end of the day or noted so should I get tight on time i'll skip them.

As for navigation, i've got a few courses under my belt and I print all maps that are available to bring with me. If I can't find my way around then there is a problem that a club or local should look to address. lots of simple things to be done in adding navigation and I'm shocked I don't see more some times.

Opti if your willing I'd love to meet up with ya, Sat at little Leigh late afternoon would be best.

Sadly I'm a flicker, and my backhand arm is injured so I'm going to attempt this one and done with my go to wraith. I learned sunday though that my short game is going to be lacking, but I figure park it every time and you don't have to worry about that.

bcr123psu

Just noticed I got but in AM Rec. I thought I put in for AM INT?

As for navigation, i've got a few courses under my belt and I print all maps that are available to bring with me.

Bring the maps with you and any of the locals (me, opti, woodcutter, etc.) can show you where you need to go and how to find all the tees. Despite the large (and seemingly menacing) stature that both optidiscic and I have, we're nice guys, really...trust us...OR ELSE.

I'm planning a three day trip thur-sat. Planning on hitting Tyler, Jordan, Little Lehigh, Fri night doubles at South Mountai, possibly Wehr's Dam, or Tinicum.

I'm planning a three day trip thur-sat. Planning on hitting Tyler, Jordan, Little Lehigh, Fri night doubles at South Mountai, possibly Wehr's Dam, or Tinicum.

If you had to choose to NOT play one of those courses, drop Wehr's Dam and play Tinicum. It's flat, but it's a fun course and a good time. You won't regret it.

I think Im gonna go with my Cro and hope its windy as hell so I can laugh at all the glidey disasters and cussin I will be hearing

I hate anything in my pocket when I play...would a bag with just a mini be silly?

Nope. Not at all.

nelson-muntz.jpg

Latest posts