• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Once Around the Mountain One and Done Tournament

It's best disc, so it's not like you'd bring your partner down. Besides, random dubs and tourneys are great ways to learn. I should be there too, just in case you want to see someone that has been addicted to DG for almost two years, but plays like they're new to the sport :|

Looks like I'll be coming up for this one with a friend. Now I just wish the course was a little closer so I could get in a practice round or 2 to figure out what I'm going to use.

Looks like I'll be coming up for this one with a friend. Now I just wish the course was a little closer so I could get in a practice round or 2 to figure out what I'm going to use.

Whatever you might use at Sedgley would probably apply here as well...FWIW

Only 13 spots left. If you're thinking about signing up, now would be a good time to do so as this is likely to fill in the next few days!

Also, there are at least eight DGCR folks that are signed up for this. If you're going to be playing, sound off and maybe you can swap travel tags with someone or just get to meet other DGCR members. If you don't already have a travel tag, there might still be time to pick one up before the tourney!

I Just sign up, knew I would but wanted to wait a little to be sure I was free. bcr123psu can I call dibs on your travel tag?

Dibs accepted. I think there are going to be a lot of DGCR people there so I might bring an extra 30 pack and we can all shoot the poop afterwards and get the obligatory group photo.

Yes, Time to start route planning my road trip.

You've got a ton of awesome courses you have yet to play in the Lehigh Valley. You should hit up optidiscic if you'll be around for a few days. It looks like you've already played Nocky and you'll be playing South Mountain, so I'd recommend these while you're in town:

Jordan Creek - 4.44
Little Lehigh Parkway - 3.90
Tinicum - 3.77 (and Alexandria Township Park, if you're already over there)

If I had a bigger yard :\

This place isn't far from the main roads and is pretty close to South Mountain and even closer to DeSales:

http://www.moyerslake.com/

Depending on when you plan on playing DeSales, I might be able to be a guide (it's a little difficult to find some of the holes) and it's only 1.5 miles from my house.

Was going to head to that one after South Mountain?

We'll have to see. I'm thinking I might stick around at South Mountain and play a round with my crew, but we could head down to DeSales...that is, of course if you have the time. I know how it works when you go on a hit & run road trip, so don't let us slow you down. Worst case scenario, I'll print a map of the campus and mark where the holes are (one has been pulled since the fall).

Trip Planned - http://www.dgcoursereview.com/roadtrips.php?mid=1620&tid=868

I know it's an adventurous schedule but this isn't my first road trip like this.

Now to find a place to camp, I will have a Truck tent by then anyone in Allentown want to let me pakr in there yard?

it is a little crazy schedule. it seems like you're going for quantity over quality. you might have difficulty playing muhlenberg. unless it's spring break there will be students everywhere and it would be unplayable, as the course is right on campus, around buildings, etc. (in addition to only being an object course). you can probably open a road trip thread and get some more tips/suggestions if you were interested in them.

/end thread jack

BCR, is the tourney full yet?

More than likely Ill be at S Mountain this Fri. Maybe Sat/Sun too if the weather holds up. Any one want to visit the local cources too, Ill be glad to show ya around. Woo Hoo less than 2 wks to go.

Tourney is FULL! Feel free to contact me to get on the wait list.

@gottafixit - you might have some issues playing Camp Sancanac. I'd give them a call before you go out there and make sure that it's not closed for the summer.

I played there last week (played a TERABLE game that day) for the first time.
Its a chirtian camp so no drinking,smoking etc. They have been doing some maintance so I would guess it will be open still.

Thanks for the tips I do need to start to follow up on a few things concerning this trip most of all where I'll be staying.

Played to rounds yesterday with what I believe to be my one disc. Was quite interesting.