• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Once Around the Mountain One and Done Tournament

bcr123psu

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
The inaugural Once Around the Mountain "One & Done" tournament will be held on Saturday, April 30th, 2011 at South Mountain DGC in Bethlehem, PA. With a unique format, hefty player packs, CTP prize for every card, raffles, prizes for last place and giveaways, Once Around the Mountain is designed to be a tournament for the players!

This tournament will be played in a "one & done" format with player packs valued at a minimum of $30! Player packs will include at least:

• Disc Golf Clipboard
  • T-Shirt
  • Towel
  • Stickers
  • Coupons, discounts, and other promotional materials
  • Mini
  • Innova Flat Top Rocs included for all AM entries

$20 entry fee for AMs and $25 for Pros.

GLOW CFR LEOPARDS AVAILABLE NOW!

For more information and to preregister, vist:

http://www.oncearoundthemountain.com

Like this on facebook!

Last edited:
This tournament will be played in a "one & done" format. In a "one & done", only one round is played and each player can only play with one disc for the entire round. If you lose, break, or damage your disc, you're done. This unique format is a change of pace from the more common two-round tournaments. One round with one disc, and that's it!

Sounds like a really interesting format, I'd love to try an event like that.

Sounds like a really interesting format, I'd love to try an event like that.

Come back to PA and give it a whirl. It would also give you a chance to check a few more courses off your list (only 3 in PA?!).

See you there.

Ion, Fuse or Buzzz? That is the question...

I was talking to optidiscic about this and if I was playing in it I would either use a Z Buzzz or a Star Aviar. In your case, all three of those would be good options. No neon green Surge? :p

Sounds like a cool format. I'm assuming this is being played on a shorter course where you don't lose out on much by not using drivers. It might be fun to try this format on a long, mostly open course. I'm sure some would be tempted to use max distance drivers so they could reach holes that others couldn't. I guess I just want to see someone putting exclusively with a Boss in a tourney round.

It's being played at South Mountain DGC. The average hole length is 258' with the longest hole being 358'. So not using a driver shouldn't be a game killer for most players.

If we were to play this 15 minutes away at the Little Lehigh Parkway, the scenario would be much different. Average hole length at that course is 417' with the longest hole being 720'. I'm sure in that case you'd see a lot of players putting with a Nuke or Katana. Might be a good laugh, actually :)

This is definitely a Buzzz tournament for me. Which to choose, hmmm. The orange Z 174g from my misprint pack or the pink FLX 177g from bcr's pack this summer :)

Peterson turned me on to this. I work with him at Stanley. I think we are making the drive down. I'm feeling like a 177g, 12x KC Pro Roc. This will potentially be my first tournament.

Peterson turned me on to this. I work with him at Stanley. I think we are making the drive down. I'm feeling like a 177g, 12x KC Pro Roc. This will potentially be my first tournament.

:thmbup: In addition to Peterson, I've also played with Kevin B from Stanley. Kevin has a unique grip that I've never seen before. Rocs would be a good choice for this. Maybe we can rip through Page Park or Wickham if I can make it up to CT this spring.

KB is my roommate. I have messed around with that grip and it doesn't work for me. But I saw him bomb a Star Katana at Wickham. He must have over shot the basket by 200 feet. If you come up, we'll have to all get together a play.

if you want to get a "practice" one and done round in and see what it's all about, Bucks County Disc Golf Alliance is hosting their annual One and Done at Tyler this saturday 2/26. Details are at www.bcdga.com

Have fun and good luck, I'll be at S. Mtn next month for stop #2 on the Mr. DiscGolf tour!

ERIC

Good luck to everyone that participates in Tyler's one & done...and don't be afraid to spread the word about the Once Around the Mountain tournament :D

Innova Flat Top Rocs for all AM's? that wouldn't be a bad choice to use, but i'd be using a Crystal Buzzz. even Solt knows they're better than rocs

Latest posts