• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

overstable forehand disc

I have a guy who has been playing for 3 months throwing over 400 feet with a sidearm with a rampage from legecy. Its really not that hard to belive anymore. This is why I keep trying to say that big arm sidearm, overhand throwers do need discs faster and more overstable than a champion Wraith for golf lines past 375. Just wait until some real Nuckle Dragers Show up on the scene. More crazy stuff, right. Sorry I just can't help it.

150g Flick. Thats how I learned without hurting my arm.

Flick is big time overstable, but its not in the same speed class as the Nuke and Boss, so it's not really a practical solution.

Halo maybe?
Close.

No such thing as a forehand disc. All discs are just as good bh/fh, the variable is your form. An xcaliber isnt quite as fast as a boss, but its overstable. A regular nuke maybe?

Most FH throwers prefer more stable/overstable discs, so, yes, there is a difference.

Too slow Joe.
Opto Halo
Also close.
Star X caliber. Artificially, if you have to, beat it in and it will be a sweet forehand disc.
Beat in Star Xcal was my first thought as well, fast, stable, but not Nuke O.S. overstable. Worth a try.
That or an opto halo.
Yep.
...Starfire
Too slow, like the TR, not the same as a Boss or Nuke.
That's friggin monstrous for a "fairly new player" throwing forehand. Are you sure you're getting that far with discs designed for experts? I'm not trying to be a jerk or "call you out", for all I know you could be a prodigy or something, but I'm willing to bet that if you were to mark out 10ft. intervals in a field you'd be a bit shocked as to how far those suckers were actually going. Also, I'm thinking that "flipping" the boss means "OATing" the boss. If I'm wrong, well, you've got something special going for you.
You are being a jerk and you are calling the guy out.
Stop trying to fit in with the cool kids, and give the guy a decent answer, or go find another thread to dump your turd in. :thmbdown:

yeah i like my xcal
Still think this is the best option. :clap:

nuke os, xcal, pd2, force, flat os goldline halo, ape. Personally i'd go with the pd2 or xcal or halo because when really rippin it they dont scrape and pinch my index as much as the force/nukeos

I'm a fan of the Halo. I have both Opto and GL. The GL has beaten into a nice long straight driver.

Xcal is the best option.
But that's INSANE distance for someone who's just started. Do go measure, and dazzle us if you're correct.

thanks for all the info i'm thinking either the xcal or maybe a pd2. i said i'm fairly new not just starting out. the 400" with the boss isn't consistent since when i put full power into it it flips on me a lot of the time. i'm sure its just my form but whenever i get it on a good line its between 360-400. its not hard to believe since i have a sports back ground of baseball and racquetball. just saying

This and all threads alike are doomed:doh:

DON'T GIVE RANDOM OVERSTABLE SUGGESTIONS, HELP THE DUDES FORM!

ManU, you tried. Everyone else, I'm not a known troll (except about Vdubs:)), so don't try and blast me.

Die troll, die !
scarface-7032.jpg

If you used any other picture than that, I wouldn't have laughed aloud:hfive:

xXx, BRO! No, a Blitz, you'll be able to handle it :p

I use an Opto Halo, but I use it for other shots as well. Star Xcals are pretty great, and I highly recommend them.
Z Crush works well too, if you have the form for a slightly slower driver.

Last edited:
^^^I'm not putting him down at all, it's GREAT he's spending the time to research/talk about disc golf off the course(s). I mean that in the sincerest of ways, I really do.

That being said, An and I quote "fairly new player" DOES NOT have perfect form. I 100% believe he throws as far as he says he does, I just don't believe it's done properly. Sure we could all suggest overstable discs, but you CAN throw a flippy disc over 400', too.

You probably have about the same FH throw I do, baseball background, full of OAT. I have 4 discs I love to drive with FH and I'll list them in order of stability, least first, star xcal, star boss, blizzard boss, champ ape. The blizzard boss I just got and is already my longest driver at about 450 ft. If you're using a star boss, I would suggest a champ boss, if you're using a champ boss I would suggest a champ ape.

the Pulse™ is a fast, overstable driver. Designed as the perfect forehand disc for the average player, or as a predictable long driver for bigger arms with more snap.

you try a pulse yet ?