• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Patches for bag

tennessee

Bogey Member
I have some patches to put on my new bag and I can't sew.
Do any of you know of any easy ways to apply these?
Glue? What kind? Etc...
Thanks in advance.

I have some patches to put on my new bag and I can't sew.
Do any of you know of any easy ways to apply these?
Glue? What kind? Etc...
Thanks in advance.

Get a lady to do it :p

Yeah, glue or iron-on CAN work temporarily. But our bags take so much abuse and use and wear that you really want to sew them on. Learn to use a needle or find someone who does, lol.

Yeah, glue or iron-on CAN work temporarily. But our bags take so much abuse and use and wear that you really want to sew them on. Learn to use a needle or find someone who does, lol.

If you don't know how - watch a youtube video. Sewing on a patch is extremely simple. Sewed my own scout patches on 30 years ago - haven't done it since, but I could pick up a needle and thread and do one today if needed to.

If you really want them sewn on well, you could take them to a place that does alterations. There are plenty of places like that in most areas. They will do a great job and the cost will probably not be that high. It's also, IMO, better than taking a gamble on a product or technique that you've never used or tried. It might save you money in he long run (depending on how long you plan on keeping your bag)

Wow guys thanks for the info. I guess I'll quit be lazy, get on you tube and learn the ways of a needle and thread.
Cheers

There should be a tailor or seamstress somewhere near you that won't charge a lot if you're totally against doing it yourself.

EDIT: a fellow Houstonian beat me to it.

There should be a tailor or seamstress somewhere near you that won't charge a lot if you're totally against doing it yourself.

EDIT: a fellow Houstonian beat me to it.

It's all good. There are some great thinkers in H-Town!!!:thmbup: I wouldn't beat myself up too much over it!!

Ya, You have to sew them on. There is nothing cheesier than a patch half falling off.

Theres always Mom

If I can sew a patch on anyone can. Its a lot easier than I thought it would be.

It's not too difficult to get them on there...

That said my mom did mine :D.

Finally something I can give some advice on! Sewing on a patch is simple, since it doesn't involve a lot of heavy stitching, but most of the time they come with an iron-on backing and if it doesn't Wal-Mart or Jo-Ann's/Hobby Lobby/Micheals ect will sell something you can iron on the back of the patch, peel off one side, and iron the patch on. That is not a permanent solution, though! Here's how I would do it:

1) Iron the patch on.
2) Find a thread that is similar to the thread used to stitch the edge of the patch.
3) Place some stitches around the edge, going in the same direction of the patch stitching.

It's really easier to do that to explain. If you lived in my area I'd do it for you.

Come to think about it, if you're really against sewing, I knew a kid in high school who would staple his patches on his bag. Been a while so I don't remember how well that worked.

Latest posts