• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pay to Play theoretical question

How often would you play a 4.5+ course at $20/day or $99/summer

• I would play it once a season

Votes: 17 15.2%
  • I would play it 3 or 4 times

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I would buy the season pass and come all the time!

Votes: 50 44.6%
  • $20? Yeah right.

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • I might play it once but I would hike up the hill.

Votes: 13 11.6%

• Total voters
The mountain course on Blue Mountain in Pennsylvania , is only $5 for the day. That includes all 3 course on that mountain. They also give you a ride up to the first tee and pick you up at the bottom and return you to the lodge.

At $20 I'm likely to only play a course once. $10 is the max I would pay for each time I visited.

for anyone that won't pay $20 to play an epic course, that's fine your prerogative, just don't complain about how the sport "isn't going anywhere!" why would non-sport sponsors want to wast a dime trying to deal with a crowd that thinks their sport is "free"? sorry to bust your bubble, but disc golf is not free. you get what you expect. if you expect disc golf to be "free" then you'll continue to get courses jammed into parks that put pedestrians at risk and have pic-nics in the middle of the fairways.

Amen to that Brother. You can piss and moan about all the people oblivious to discgolfers in your public parks tha have little to no maintenance, or you spend a few dollars and have a real golf experience. My first taste of that was Goathill in Oceanside. 12 bucks a head on fathers day for a cart, huge open fairways, people expecting high speed discs.... best pay to play I've experienced so far! I would gladly drop a dub to play up there.

I really want to hit up Goathill the next time I'm in Socal. I played Emerald Isle when it was still in and loved it, and people are saying Goathill is way better.

Amen to that Brother. You can piss and moan about all the people oblivious to discgolfers in your public parks tha have little to no maintenance, or you spend a few dollars and have a real golf experience. My first taste of that was Goathill in Oceanside. 12 bucks a head on fathers day for a cart, huge open fairways, people expecting high speed discs.... best pay to play I've experienced so far! I would gladly drop a dub to play up there.

Some of you get it!!! Free? NOTHING is free :wall:.

..unfortunately i cant answer your poll tho- there's too many variables going on. i would pay that once, maybe, if i was in the area. i would pay the season pass if i lived oober close and had a job. i would climb the mtn if i was oober broke.. discin= super awesome, pay to disc, not so much. but still awesome if the price is right(4.5-5.0)..thats the whole balance..

all i'm saying is that if i'm paying public golf course prices is that i want a golf cart thrown in with it.

A season at Baldy is approximately late may to mid november.

$10 is the most i would pay just to play a course. now if perks were thrown in, like lunch, a cart, maybe a freebie like a koozie or something to remember the experience, the i'd go up in price.

good example is selah ranch. opening weekend, theyre offering a cart tour of the 2 courses with john houck himself, a commemorative disc, greens fees and lunch for $50. killer deal if you ask me, being one of the first to play a championship level course after a tour with the designer.