• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA rules exam Question that has me stumped.

I have seen this tactic of run up to the spot and throw before the group can get there a couple times before. So would it be the throwers responsibility to get an approval to proceed, or the groups to ask to see the spot? I guess the way it sounds to me...if you had any doubts it may have gone ob then you better get someone to come and look at it. Or if you have one of those guys on your card you better call his ass over to take a look.
I have had this happen at blue lake my disc hit a stake and stayed in bounds. I marked the lie with relief and left the thrown disc then motioned to a card mate with a point and a thumbs up. He thumbed up and waited for me to throw. After the hole when scores were reported he asked, what about the ob stroke. I explained, and we had an awkward moment and he said "i thought you were asking about the spot." It was all good but i could see this getting tense on a lead card or tight race. Moral is make them verify you are inbounds. Good rule imo. Should be a more well known.

I have seen this tactic of run up to the spot and throw before the group can get there a couple times before. So would it be the throwers responsibility to get an approval to proceed, or the groups to ask to see the spot? I guess the way it sounds to me...if you had any doubts it may have gone ob then you better get someone to come and look at it. Or if you have one of those guys on your card you better call his ass over to take a look.

Since it's the thrower who is penalized if it doesn't happen, it is absolutely 100% the thrower's responsibility to make sure the group (or at least someone else in the group) sees the disc and makes the call. If the responsibility fell to anyone else, the penalties for non-compliance would apply to them.

I'll probably get prerubed, but what is the standard for a lie being determined?

Also, on a more serious note, is the water I'm swimming in a playing surface? And if it's a supporting point, does the entire puddle have to be behind my lie, or just the portion I'm swimming in?

Taking the exam again, I just want to give a shout out to the PDGA official who made the answer "42, because it's the answer to everything"

Latest posts