• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"pDGA"?

I'm curious as to why you are curious.

I'm starting to regret being so.

I'd just seen this phrase so many times, and I guess I missed its inception when it was explained. In the interest of civil dialogue, that's about all the explanation I can provide.

So it is your submission that people use pDGA becasue they belive that the org. does not do a good enough job making their financials available to the public? that is fine if so.

nope...as stated before in this very thread. my issue is with their flawed marketing strategies. i also have issue with COI being completely ignored by the board (shakes hand at Shive)....which to me is EXTREMELY unprofessional. these would be the two major ones, i have lesser ones that are more just slight annoyances but wouldnt cause me to label them unprofessional.

I'm starting to regret being so.

I'd just seen this phrase so many times, and I guess I missed its inception when it was explained. In the interest of civil dialogue, that's about all the explanation I can provide.

more curious that it took you about a decade to get curious. speed it up old timer.

more curious that it took you about a decade to get curious. speed it up old timer.

When I was young I knew everything. I'm passing through the stage where I start realizing what I don't know. Trying to get to the point where I forget what I've forgot, and can rest easy again.

nope...as stated before in this very thread. my issue is with their flawed marketing strategies. i also have issue with COI being completely ignored by the board (shakes hand at Shive)....which to me is EXTREMELY unprofessional. these would be the two major ones, i have lesser ones that are more just slight annoyances but wouldnt cause me to label them unprofessional.
There is the kind of reply i like to see from Smyith. to address my OG post. you stated (quoted below) that not doing a good enough job of publishing the accounting of the ORG is a reason why some people use the "pDGA" label

Originally Posted by smyith View Post
not much of a thread drift when the thread is about why people use pDGA instead of PDGA....

then i posted this
So it is your submission that people use pDGA becasue they belive that the org. does not do a good enough job making their financials available to the public? that is fine if so.

no where in that post did i ever ask, or want to know why you use the label "pDGA". but thanks for sharing anyway.

There is the kind of reply i like to see from Smyith. to address my OG post. you stated (quoted below) that not doing a good enough job of publishing the accounting of the ORG is a reason why some people use the "pDGA" label
hmmm...i must be blind, where did I say anything about financials?

no where in that post did i ever ask, or want to know why you use the label "pDGA". but thanks for sharing anyway.

ah...so a simple 'no' would have sufficed for you?
I dont understand why you got your panties all bunched up, if you are going to quote someone and then falsely assign a position to them you should be prepared for them to want to correct you.

Some days, I wish that we could just turn control of the PDGA over to message board gadflys for about a year, and just see what they would do differently. Then when that year is up have the membership take a vote at which regime they like better.

Some days, I wish that we could just turn control of the PDGA over to message board gadflys for about a year, and just see what they would do differently. Then when that year is up have the membership take a vote at which regime they like better.

it would be interesting but i dont think much would be accomplished in a year. you would have to take into account that it usually takes more than a year for any changes to really fruit.

i would be curious what the percentage of pDGA voters are who post in DG forums.

hmmm...i must be blind, where did I say anything about financials?

ah...so a simple 'no' would have sufficed for you?
I dont understand why you got your panties all bunched up, if you are going to quote someone and then falsely assign a position to them you should be prepared for them to want to correct you.
Once again you are off base. and all of your posts endings about me are quite silly. Lets keep this about the issues and maybe quite trying to make it personal. This quote
Originally Posted by BgWvDave

was addressing this post of yours
not much of a thread drift when the thread is about why people use pDGA instead of PDGA....

this post, was a response to my reply, about MegaAmerican's point about the PDGA's publishing of their books (man this sentence sucks but i tried). When you labeled my assertion that Megas finance point was not thread drift (and i aggree with you and Mega on this) you confirmed that the finance issue was a reason for OTHER people to label the Org. "pDGA".
Once again no one's panties are in a wad. no matter how much you want to portray them as so.

Last edited:
this post, was a response to my reply, about MegaAmerican's point about the PDGA's publishing of their books (man this sentence sucks but i tried). When you labeled my assertion that Megas finance point was not thread drift (and i aggree with you and Mega on this) you confirmed that the finance issue was a reason for OTHER people to label the Org. "pDGA".
Once again no one's panties are in a wad. no matter how much you want to portray them as so.
This post sucks and i post while at work so i am usually doing two things at once which is why my posts are riddled with typos and incomplete sentences. let me try again.

this post, was a response to my reply, about MegaAmerican's point about the PDGA's publishing of their books (man this sentence sucks but i tried). I stated that Mega's comment about finance was thread drift. When you labeled my assertion of thread drift as incorrect or misplaced(and i aggree with you and Mega on this) you confirmed that the finance issue was a reason for OTHER people to label the Org. "pDGA".

Once again no one's panties are in a wad. no matter how much you want to portray them as so

i feel this reads a little easier. not easy but easier than my first submission. a word smith i am not.

If the pDGA could reduce it's expenditures by 20% (and reduce your theoretical membership fees by $10) would you then call it PDGA?

While that would be a good start, I think 40% and $20 would turn p into P. :)

I wouldn't beef about pDGA finances if the membership and tournament fees were reasonable. The pDGA is allegedly non-profit, so why do they need to extract so much $$$ from TDs and members?

Mike i am not sure but are you still permanently banned form the PDGA discussiion board?

Wow are you living in the distant past. I posted there just the other day on this thread:

http://www.pdga.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=36690

The pDGA destroyed its forum by banning dissent. Now they wonder why almost no one posts there anymore. Pretty soon the entire pDGA will be just like its forum...the pDGA is less and less important to the sport as each day passes, and I am pleased that DGCR is becoming the go-to place for disc golf knowledge.

I mean just look at the DGCR course catalog compared to the pDGA. The pDGA's 1.5 million $ budget can't even get them a decent catalog. The pDGA's catalog contains at least 1,000 less courses and its information is stale and dated. The pDGA ought to be ashamed but they're too busy counting $$$ and wasting it on consultants, staff overcompensation, and dgplanet.tv.

Last edited:
While that would be a good start, I think 40% and $20 would turn p into P. :)

I wouldn't beef about pDGA finances if the membership and tournament fees were reasonable. The pDGA is allegedly non-profit, so why do they need to extract so much $$$ from TDs and members?

Most national governing body membership fees are $50. The pDGA already has a hard time meeting the packages to members and making the fees $20 and cutting the expenses to 40% of what they are now will make it worse. The pDGA will have to fire some staff members and that will make them more unprofessional. The pDGA needs to learn how to correctly do marketing and many problems will be solved.

What I'm getting from this thread is that some folks want the PDGA to spend less money, some think that the org is not professionally run, some want them to cater less to the pros and some want them to cater more to the pros. Two sets of contradictory expectations of them, and they fall somewhere in the middle on both. No real way for them to win with some of you without alienating others. As long as we have an organization that is the only governing body for such a wide range of people with such different interests, it's pretty impossible to please everybody. I prefer seeing concrete suggestions on specific things the PDGA could do differently (and I do believe there are a lot of places where there is room for improvement) than sweeping general statements about how things are "unprofessional" or that they should just somehow spend less without identifying which current programs or expenditures should be curtailed.

The pDGA already has a hard time meeting the packages to members.

Perfect example of the pDGA overspending on a insider who can't perform. The pDGA steadfastly refuses to put its membership fulfillment service contract out to bid and so the contractor feels no need to do a good job...he gets paid the same for poor service or good.

Just one example of a pDGA sacred cow. They just don't give a flying frog.

People want changes yet every time a touring pro has ran for BOD, they have been voted in and they just voted the exact same two people to the BOD.

We should blame ourselves.