• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Petersham Country Club New Course

Are you excited about the ability to play disc and ball golf at the same faility?

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PetershamPro

This is Tim Bishop and I am the PGA golf professional at Petersham Country Club. On April 5th Petersham Country Club will open the first and only disc golf course on the same property of a ball golf course in Massachusetts.
We here at Petersham Country Club are very excited about the possibilities that we have seen and the positive feedback that we have received from the disc community in the Route 2 area and the towns of Athol, Petersham and Orange Mass. We are open to everyones ideas and thoughts and will continue to modify things as we progress. Even though our sign says we are a country club we are far from Bushwood (the fictional golf course in CaddyShack). I think that both the ballers and discer's can cooexist and enjoy each others company and passion for their respective sports.
Please leave us some feedback with the understanding that we are trying to make this a great experience for both sets of golfers. Any thought or idea is appreciated. Look forward to working with all of you.

We have 3 disc golf courses and 2 ball golf courses that outline a lake in KC and I've never played a round of ball golf and disc golf in the same day. I don't know why it would be exciting unless the disc golf course was designed on a ball golf course.

Good for you. More DG = good, in my book.

As far as "sharing" a course with ball golfers, my personal jury's still out. I've played on that type of course just once, and didn't really like it. On the other hand, I'm a noodle arm so I really can't fully appreciate the glories of, say, a 400-foot drive. Not to mention 500.

Anyway, I do like the amenities that a ball golf course provides and if I'm ever in your neck of the woods again I'll probably shoot a round @ Petersham.

Do you disc, btw?

Sounds promising. I'll definitely have to find some time to make the hour or so drive to check it out.

I have done disc golf.
It is fun and I do see how the two are similar and different.
This will be very interesting
We are about 10 minutes away from Tully when you are u, stop by and see us

528400_3633592280047_1281375749_3558669_1638507185_n.jpg

Overhead view of the course

Last edited:
Interesting-er and interesting-er.

Here's the course home page. Now if you're opening DG in April, you should be pretty well along with the design work, right? Anybody we know involved in putting this together for you?

the course layout is sick..the work was insane in a short amount of time..they have a great plan for the future and the course offers many unique shots

can't wait to play the layout officially

great job Petersham crew

Titan

I gotta say, all this criss-crossing of disc + golf fairways just seems like an incident waiting to happen. 90% of players are probably mindful enough of their surroundings to avoid any problem, but that still leaves 1 in 10 of your guests as a ticking litigious timebomb.

Latest posts