• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Philo on pga.com

Out of curiosity, what kind of terms was Reuters trying to impose? They were using your video, after all.

In the meantime could you please let me know if you agree to the conditions below:
Please confirm you represent and warrant you own the video entitled 'Philo Brathwaite Albatross Beaver State Fling 2016 Milo McIver 6 West 850 ft' posted by the YouTube user Central Coast Disc Golf here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJjrkdigzbY
That you agree to provide it to Reuters non-exclusively and have not promised or provided it to any other persons or entities for their exclusive use.
Also that you agree to allow Reuters and Reuters customers, which include news organisations around the world, to use, edit and create derivative works from the video.
Reuters and Reuters customers can also use and republish the video in any media, including digital, broadcast, radio and online anywhere in the world.
You further agree that Reuters may resell the video in its online video archive to others who may publish and redistribute the video anywhere in the world.
This is in the understanding it will include the restriction of an on-screen courtesy to you.
You represent and warrant that the submitted Content is, to the best of your knowledge, an accurate and truthful portrayal of the events portrayed therein, and that none of your newsgathering for the Content involved the breach of any laws or the violation of the rights of any third party, including injury to persons or property.
You agree to indemnify and hold Reuters harmless from and against any claims, losses, damages and/or expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising out of the breach of the representation and warranties made in this paragraph.

Holy ****. Really?! That's pretty amazing for all parties involved!

How much does ccdg get per view on the Youtubes?

It totally depends how long the video is. Champ vs chumps has earned $90 on 30k views, while Philo Albatross has earned ~$200 on 800k views. I'm not quitting my day job anytime soon lol.

Reuters can suck it.

They are becoming less and less relevant in the world that is modern "journalism".

Good for you guys! Keep the akkolades coming!

In the meantime could you please let me know if you agree to the conditions below:
Please confirm you represent and warrant you own the video entitled 'Philo Brathwaite Albatross Beaver State Fling 2016 Milo McIver 6 West 850 ft' posted by the YouTube user Central Coast Disc Golf here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJjrkdigzbY
That you agree to provide it to Reuters non-exclusively and have not promised or provided it to any other persons or entities for their exclusive use.
Also that you agree to allow Reuters and Reuters customers, which include news organisations around the world, to use, edit and create derivative works from the video.
Reuters and Reuters customers can also use and republish the video in any media, including digital, broadcast, radio and online anywhere in the world.
You further agree that Reuters may resell the video in its online video archive to others who may publish and redistribute the video anywhere in the world.
This is in the understanding it will include the restriction of an on-screen courtesy to you.
You represent and warrant that the submitted Content is, to the best of your knowledge, an accurate and truthful portrayal of the events portrayed therein, and that none of your newsgathering for the Content involved the breach of any laws or the violation of the rights of any third party, including injury to persons or property.
You agree to indemnify and hold Reuters harmless from and against any claims, losses, damages and/or expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising out of the breach of the representation and warranties made in this paragraph.

Wow that's pretty arrogant on Reuters part, I would have been inclined to reply, "Sure, but it will cost you $1,000,000.00". ;)

This would have to blow Philo's mind. I hope he gets to see it!

EDIT: He retweeted it, so that answers that :D

Last edited:
This was epic. I have to wonder if someone at SB Nation is a legit disc golf fan.

Hahaha. That's hilarious. What happened, someone lose a shoe or what's the story?

I can't wait for the original to break a mil views!

Hahaha. That's hilarious. What happened, someone lose a shoe or what's the story?

I can't wait for the original to break a mil views!

Steph Curry put out a really ugly shoe recently that everyone said looked like dad shoes (because they did). That's what LeBron is throwing.

Steph Curry put out a really ugly shoe recently that everyone said looked like dad shoes (because they did). That's what LeBron is throwing.
And then Lebron flat out pwned the Warriors tonight. Curry got ejected...I love LBJ throwing his shoes. SO funny!!

I forwarded it to Philo, I think he liked it. I thought it was funny. Thats pretty legit if they are cross referencing NBA finals with disc golf. You dont get that from ball golf. Epic!

Latest posts