• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Planning summer road trips need info...

optidiscic

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
There are several course out there that are currently open/under construction temp closed etc. are due to be transformed but will grow to 18 holes due this spring/summer I need some reliable info on the following parks...help!
Moon Lake IN PA....supposed to be a premier course when completed
Field Of Dreams in NJ...supposed to be the best perm course in NJ
Unami Creek in PA..its near me but due as 18 I hope if the NIMBY stops
Prince Gallitzin in PA..its 9 but looks great is it to be 18 soon
DF Buchmiller in PA...construction done yet?
Whispering Falls in PA..is construction done yet?
Also any other up and coming courses or new courses due to be completed or improved this year in the PA MD NJ NY OH WV VA DE NC TN KY area......guess I am envisioning a big loop between pa idlewild and renny and back up and want to make sure I don t miss anything under the radar...Thanks guys!

If you're going to VA/DC area, don't miss Giles Run

Giles Run is the newest course in the DC area, and is a very challenging course built on the grounds of an old prison complex. It features dual tee pads and baskets for each hole, and is fun for both newer and experienced/pro players.

The best thing to do is go on a weekend, so you can hook up with me or another experienced Giles player, because the course is tough to navigate without knowing it or having a map. If you have to play it alone, keep in mind that little bits of red tape on the baskets point to the next set of tee boxes.

Have you played Bryan Park in Richmond, VA? I think it's about a year and a half old. Newer course with lots of grip-and-rip holes. If you're in the area you should check it out.

Buchmiller (Lancaster) is looking great! It is my home course. Right now, renovations are done until next winter. This really is a beautifully manicured park. There are a handful of new pin positions, and the baskets will be moved to different layouts periodically. If you happen to be in town on Tuesday, we play random doubles at 6. Sundays, we play handicapped singles at noon. $5. If you're interested. Also, may be worth checking out Roland Park in Akron if you're in the area. It's a little confusing right now because it's expanding from 21 to 27 holes, but there are still some sweet shots. Nice balance of woods and field.