• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Played my first tourney !

Chris-pee

Par Member
I finally did it, played the funkytown flyers hangonver classic at Taylor park in grand prairie, TX. I-had-a-blast!. I shot a 114 on a 28 hole par 3. Score wasn't very Good but the experience was great. I was on a card with two other players that were real good but were really cool. A lot o DGR wisdom came into play, I threw my game And didn't attempt to match the big arms I was playing with. Found my self driving with my xcomet up-shootin with my ESP wasp and putting with my new focus (which I love ). At one point the other guys on my card were asking me "what is that you are throwing " which was my comet. I'm rambling, this was my firs tourney but definitely not my last!

I'm glad I finally did it, I guess I had a different picture of what it would be like in my head. It was just like playing a really long casual round. The ob kicked my ass, it was everywhere! I think I'm going to start playing my casual rounds with ob so I can get used to it.

good luck in future tournaments man. you'll find yourself improving more in/after tournaments than in regular play. at least i did.

I'm glad you had a good time. I think that's the most important part, especially for a first tournament. I see so many friends who expect to place in their first few tournaments. Then when they don't, they never want to go to tournaments anymore. I've been lucky to get money in every tournament I've played, but you can't ask for much just starting out :)

Good stuff bro, glad you had a great experience.
I played my first tourney in less then a week from starting the game.

Good to hear you enjoyed the Hangover Classic. I was out there as well enjoying the unusually nice weather. Funkytown Flyers is a top-notch group of volunteers that are envolved for all the right reasons. See you at the next tournament.

Nice dude. If the weather isn't total ish at the end of the month (meaning if it's nasty, I don't plan on growing a pair) I'm going to play in a local ice bowl with +/- 100 others. I'm looking forward to it...hope I have the same experience as you. Minus the way over par part :wink: