• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post pics of your Disc Dog

Mine loves to play frisbee. He knows the difference though between his frisbee and all of our discs

yeah well i don't get to see this dog that much...(I knew him for one day and then I dogsat him haha) hes a very obident dog though....im sure if I threw it and told him to sit he might listen

They are very smart. Worthless as hen$hit on a pump handle but smart. Grat friends too. Mine sleeps for probably 20 hours aday, wakes up plays for a bit, then dead again. Cheap entertainment, ok maybe not cheap, but fun

haha yeah I noticed that with icon :D he loves his squeakers though!!! always had one in his mouth when he was awake...and even when he was sleeping haha..it was cute htough

I just wish I could teacch my dog to go get the discs when I am practicing my drives WITHOUT chewing on them. I could always use some crappy ones I found or something but I always want to practice with the discs I use in a game.

Kids! kids can be good for that, at least once. Told mine if they stayed at the other end and returned them to me, i would buy them ice cream. that worked great the first time but after they saw they couldnt get them back to me by throwing them, they are less willing.

Kids! kids can be good for that, at least once. Told mine if they stayed at the other end and returned them to me, i would buy them ice cream. that worked great the first time but after they saw they couldnt get them back to me by throwing them, they are less willing.

They get tired of getting the discs after a couple discs to the head too, I'm not really sure why.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

this is my dog, he doesn't get out with me much anymore since he picked up some bad habits from my wife's dog. the first one is Floyd at Hornet's Nest #15 tee...the second is Floyd resting after a grueling 27 holes at DeLaVeaga...and the last is both dogs (laney's the black one) chasing after a disc on my backyard course, you can kinda see the white of the flag on the basket on the far hillside...dogs rule:)

This is Candy. I adopted her when she was 8 months old and will have had her for a year next month. I have only taken her disc golfing a few times mainly because she can't be trusted off leash yet and loves squirrels. So I get a little paranoid about her running off if I happen to let her leash go on accident (has happened before). But I have taught her not to really like disc/frisbees so when the times comes for me to be able to take her I don't have to worry about her getting over excited about the disc. If interested there are a lot more of her at http://chrisandcandy.shutterfly.com/

3456151023_a7114211f7_o.jpg

2790997484_c4b4773f05_o.jpg

3520305014_c87df42ef8_o.jpg

Maverick is the Aussie, a little over a year old.
Tess is a chow/terrier mix, right at 6 months old.
Legs belong to my wife, approx 23 years old.

picture.php

Have brought Mav with me a couple of times but he's @ about 65 lbs and loves to chase the disc. Was told to get put some bitter apple spray and toss them around the back yard for a while to get him to stop picking them up, keep forgetting about it though.

Anyone with tips on getting them not to pick the discs up?

Hot sauce worked perfectly to keep my dog away from discs. She only picked one up once, and hasn't touched one since.

we have an aussie he plays disc golf with me in the yard (we have about 3 acres) and i just taught him young which frisbee is his and which are mine, it also helps that i try to buy most of my discs in a yellowish color with a few exceptions (some blue and some pink), but he has a dark purple see threw frisbee that he knows is the only one he can touch, if you train them with a strangely colored frisbee aussies will ussually be curious to lean

My pup, we got her from a shelter when she was about 7 months. She's part boxer and part shepherd.

I would love to bring her with me when I disc, however she also likes to chew them as much as I do throw them

349.jpg

DSCN0575.jpg

f9hb4p.jpg

2hwcqhd.jpg

This is Tyson. He's been discin with me since he was a little pup. He's a little over 2 years old now. He loves to come along with me and will run ahead to spot the disc for me. He'll even get them back out of shallow water for me. He only catches his frizbee and leaves discs alone.

Hot sauce worked perfectly to keep my dog away from discs. She only picked one up once, and hasn't touched one since.

I tried hot sauce along the edge of my counters to try to keep my dog from looking over the edge and licking. He just started at one end and went all the way to the other... cleaned it all off. Then looked at me for more.

I've only taken Tanner to throw once. He is just too hyper. Even though he is 10.

These are some older pics of him.

Attachments

• 07.JPG
    07.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 91
3763771767_06e34566d3.jpg

My best disc dog, Sam. Rest in peace, buddy.

3764569666_d6c4599a55.jpg

Sydney. Great disc dog, but not for the course. She's a sweetie - curled up at my feet right now.

Latest posts