• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post pics of your Disc Dog

its ok, his laziness is well worth having. He's the best dog ive ever had. so caring and loyal to me and my son.
sounds like a bulldog to a tee :thmbup: When Otis is not on the course he can nap with the best of them. as well as snoring and farting.

Again, keep your dog on a leash... it's illegal not to.

Not trying to troll, but leash laws are not universal. There are places where there are not leash laws (not talking about dog parks). It is determined by local municipalities and not by federal government. I have lived places where there are no leash laws, just saying.

I would have called the police btw because leash laws or no leash laws there are laws about vicious dogs, liability and what if it was a small child and not an adult that the dog attacked.

I got my pup some saddlebags for Christamas so she can carry her own on the course! Turns out they are actually large enough to fit about ten discs, 5 on each side. Also great for carrying poop bags, treats and water.

JJJpMBe.jpg

2YEEvBt.jpg

I got my pup some saddlebags for Christamas so she can carry her own on the course! Turns out they are actually large enough to fit about ten discs, 5 on each side. Also great for carrying poop bags, treats and water.

JJJpMBe.jpg

2YEEvBt.jpg

I'm tempted to do the same. Only 2 problems I have are:
- the bag is my anchor.
- he loves to swim where possible on courses that he can. I throw enough into the drink I don't need my pup putting them there.

One question - does he act differently with the bag on? My pup does love to have a "job" and this would help define that.

I'm tempted to do the same. Only 2 problems I have are:
- the bag is my anchor.
- he loves to swim where possible on courses that he can. I throw enough into the drink I don't need my pup putting them there.

One question - does he act differently with the bag on? My pup does love to have a "job" and this would help define that.

My bag is also my 'anchor'. I put my bag down on top of her leash whenever I'm throwing. My pup loves to swim too, but since she's on a leash she only goes in when I let her. It's really easy to put on and remove, so I take it off when she wants to get in. My dog acts a LOT more calm with the bags on. She doesn't quite understand that they are added width, and she catches them on trees and other things, but she's a quick learner. She is also not much of a fan of sitting when she has the bags on, but I think that is because she doesn't have a lot of experience with them and they were slightly sliding down her back when she sat.

My bag is also my 'anchor'. I put my bag down on top of her leash whenever I'm throwing. My pup loves to swim too, but since she's on a leash she only goes in when I let her. It's really easy to put on and remove, so I take it off when she wants to get in. My dog acts a LOT more calm with the bags on. She doesn't quite understand that they are added width, and she catches them on trees and other things, but she's a quick learner. She is also not much of a fan of sitting when she has the bags on, but I think that is because she doesn't have a lot of experience with them and they were slightly sliding down her back when she sat.

Are you using this in addition to a standard bag? I would be using it in place of for casual rounds and if I could get 5-10 discs in that would be plenty.

And i can only imagine my dog with added width - he's a bulldozer as it is...

Yes, I should have mentioned that. I took her out to the course to get used to the bags (she will wear them hiking, etc, not just on the course) and only put some treats and some water in it as well as her Latitude64 Bite dog disc. I could, however, have fit 10 discs and not carried a bag.

JSotVF9.jpg

Max and my 7 year old daughter share a sleeping bag when we camp. He's a 12 year old whippet that likes to trail along on dg rounds.

Max and my 7 year old daughter share a sleeping bag when we camp. He's a 12 year old whippet that likes to trail along on dg rounds.

Nice! Kids and dogs, right? I could see a whippet snuggling up in a sleeping bag.

Give me half an excuse and I will tell the story about the elementary school assistant principal, his whippet, and the class rabbit . . .

Raining today, but hoping to give our new dog her first exposure to disc golf tomorrow. I expect pictures to be taken. :D

Pancake was my golf dog then she tried to fight a cactus and the cactus won. Now she gets to go to the dog park after I finish playing a round.
ZCpFWe.jpg

Her after being drugged by the vet to remove the cactus burrs.
EkdwKu.jpg

On the road to recovery, next stop AA
7ctlcq.jpg

Last edited:
Wifey and I are looking to buy a place soon with a fenced back yard, we will DEFINITELY be adopting shortly after...

Wifey and I are looking to buy a place soon with a fenced back yard, we will DEFINITELY be adopting shortly after...

Good luck house hunting. When you get a dog and want to socialize / tire out your new pooch, and maybe throw some discs, too - hit me up!