• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post pics of your Disc Dog

This is my dude Seven. He's an amazing retriever which makes it super difficult to bring him for rounds.

Attachments

• 2015-06-15 11.51.03.jpg
    2015-06-15 11.51.03.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 120
This is Penny. She is a five-year-old, party black and white, cocker spaniel. She absolutely LOVES going discing! My boyfriend and I will take her off of her leash at our local DGC and let her fetch some of our older discs. However, we do have to watch it with her though. Whenever we are trying to actually play, she will run and get that disc and bring it back to us. She's helpful, but a little too helpful ;)

This picture was taken the first time we took Penny discing, a little over a month and a half ago. My boyfriend and I took her to Torch Lake DGC in Lake Linden, Michigan.

Attachments

• Penny Disc.jpg
    Penny Disc.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 104
Here's Lucha. She's an 18lb 5yo terrier mix. Ever since we adopted her from the city of LA, I've been taking her with me when I play casual rounds. She doesn't bird-dog my discs and she's mostly preoccupied with things other than the disc golf being played (squirrels, other dogs, people, etc.) but sometimes she gets excited when someone in my group runs up on a drive.

This is her at my home course, Chavez Ridge DGC at the tee for #1.

Not sure if the pic made it through as an attachment...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 98
11228898_10153350337560482_8506824905781991164_n.jpg

Zenny - great pic! Your dog looks vaguely guilty about something, though.

Brad - that is one serious tongue.

Here is my disc dog again. "Oh, well, another five hours of disc golf."

p1342127477-4.jpg

Quick dog story - I took Shar on a weekend-long disc golf road trip. We started at 8:00am and played until dark, hitting three courses on the way. Towards the end of the day Shar started slowing down, so I thought she was tired.

Nope, she just needed to poop. Once that was done (and I picked up after her, of course), she started running crazy-dog circles. After 12 hours of disc golf. Up and down hills. In July.

I wish I had that kind of energy . . .

Quick dog story - I took Shar on a weekend-long disc golf road trip. We started at 8:00am and played until dark, hitting three courses on the way. Towards the end of the day Shar started slowing down, so I thought she was tired.

Nope, she just needed to poop. Once that was done (and I picked up after her, of course), she started running crazy-dog circles. After 12 hours of disc golf. Up and down hills. In July.

I wish I had that kind of energy . . .

She even had plenty of energy to wear out Smokey so he could show how good he is when he's tired!

She even had plenty of energy to wear out Smokey so he could show how good he is when he's tired!

Tired dog = good dog. Smokey, even not tired, = cool dog. I still laugh when I picture how muddy they got.

Nice thread. Zamboni spent pretty much every summer day of 2014 on the course I built during that period (see sig). When I'd get in the truck to drive to the course she would leap up 4 times her height into the 1 ton dually truck and shiver with excitement, her stare riveted to the road ahead as we made the short drive to the course. Once we'd arrive, I wouldn't see her much, except off in the distance, or I hear lots of rustling in the bushes as she visits her favorite spots spread all over more than 40 acres. In September of last year she made her last visit there, as we were walking home she decided for one last chase of a pickup instead of the usual chipmunk and that did not end well.

At matches on the course, when she could spare the time between adventures, she would check out the action on the teepads and watch the discs fly off into the distance.
a_veiPkoQDCOot950r45bQi7yG3G-G36Jm0PVbwHtkE=w930-h1240-no
0isZJvFP8Bj3HmccjXmVT9vC2WAvcUlNrDaYQ6NYdiM=w960-h540-no

Last edited:
Rich, I hope my dog is still hitting the course at age 14. You must be doing something right!

Shar contemplating her strategy on Patapsco Valley #10.

picture.php

Aspen will be joining me in life's adventure 10 days from now. You better believe he will be the best disc golf dog you ever knew.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0oe9a4geues.jpg
    0oe9a4geues.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 273
  • lmwi054922i.jpg
    lmwi054922i.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 270

Latest posts